Neck gaiters not allowed
Posted by jchause

Just read through the event book that was put out and they had a blurb about the mask requirement, but stated gaiters are allowed as long as they cover the nose and mouth and fit snug. This is awesome if I am reading correctly?

Update: may need some clarification after i posted this. currently all FAQs and such show that gaiters are not allowed. it may be that the book info was already sent out before the mask policy was totally locked down. i apologize if i created any confusion, was just trying to share updated info for con goers.

Posted by joho

Assume that the website FAQ (and email that went out recently that points to it) is the most up to date information. According to that these are NOT accepted face coverings:Not permitted:

• Face coverings with respirators or exhalation valves
  • Face coverings, including bandanas, that are unable to be secured under your chin
  • Neck gaiters
  • Mesh materials
  • Face coverings that contain holes or are significantly damaged
  • Costume masks. (Costume masks may be worn in combination with an approved face covering)

Posted by joho

From an email that went out at noon today:

APPROVED FACE COVERING
All participants must wear an approved face covering at all times while indoors in any Gen Con-controlled space and while attending or participating in any event in any venue that requires a Gen Con badge for entry. Please refer to our FAQ for additional details regarding our face-covering requirements.

Further information can be found here:
https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/health-and-safety

Posted by joho

Call to mods: delete this thread or the first post as it is misleading?

Posted by lore seeker

They might have just forgotten to delete that part in the book before it went to print.

Posted by random_axcess

This was actually a helpful thread!
I completely glossed over the "approved" mask requirements as I wore a neck gaiter last year and was going to do the same this year. Guess I will need to stop by a store to pick up a box of masks as I leave out tomorrow.

Posted by jchause

Yeah that may need to be cleared up. I have already packed regular masks, but my post was made simply because the book had that section saying they were OK as long as they are snug to your face and had no openings near your nose/mouth. 

Posted by joho jchause

jchause wrote:
Yeah that may need to be cleared up. I have already packed regular masks, but my post was made simply because the book had that section saying they were OK as long as they are snug to your face and had no openings near your nose/mouth. 
may be helpful to edit your post title if you can- and edit your first comment since you definitely can- to avoid confusing people and leading them to potentially be in conflict with convention policy.

Posted by jchause

i have updated my main post, but not sure i can update the header, not that i have found anyway lol. if a mod wants to change it/modify it/ hit me with confusion bat i accept the consequences .

Posted by bigfathairyguy

I would assume the program book to be the final policy. It is what is in print and essentially being handed out at the convention.

Posted by joho bigfathairyguy

bigfathairyguy wrote:
I would assume the program book to be the final policy. It is what is in print and essentially being handed out at the convention.
Do your self a favor and pack masks assuming that the website and FAQ stating what is not permitted (neck gaitors amongst them) is correct especially as an email went out less than 24hr ago stating that the website is the go to for health and safety guidelines 

Posted by mikeboozer

Updated.

Mike

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.