No Chimera Hobby Shop booth this year?
Posted by brittonica

Am I blind, or is the Chimera Hobby Shop booth not in the exhibit hall this year? The map says they're at Booth 2301, but all I'm seeing in that place is a T-shirt stand. :(

Posted by fritzbgb

I think it's them.  They did just about the same thing last year--mostly cards and t-shirts.  The walls of cheap RPG supplements they're known for seem to be a thing of the past, at least for now.

Posted by brittonica

Oh man, that’s a bummer. Their selection of old RPGs was such a huge draw for me. :(

Posted by fritzbgb

Agreed.  2019 and earlier they were one of my favorite stops.  2021 and this year?  Not so much.

Posted by lore seeker

Yeah, it was sad to realize that those shelves full of used books weren't there. I thought their change in 2021 was a one-off due to the off-kilter nature of Gen Con that year, but it appears to be their path forward, which sucks :(

Posted by brittonica

It's only now in retrospect that I can actually visualize the t-shirts and cards that they sold in the old booth, lol. They only barely registered in my periphery since I was so locked on to the used rpgs! Thankfully, Games Plus still has a great selection.

Posted by quarex

Yeah Games Plus has done the best job rejuvenating the "Crazy Egor's"-style reseller booth that used to be a lot more prevalent in the Exhibit Hall. 

Posted by guardiankrillin

I talked to the owner and he mentioned it was usually afull additional moving truck to haul the shelves and books.  They then had to unpack and repack them all before and after the convention(s).  You can still reach out to the owner [email protected]

Posted by brittonica guardiankrillin

guardiankrillin wrote:
I talked to the owner and he mentioned it was usually afull additional moving truck to haul the shelves and books.  They then had to unpack and repack them all before and after the convention(s).  You can still reach out to the owner [email protected]
Can't argue with that. Thanks for the update!

Posted by qwaserity

Last Christmas, to my delight, I discovered their home store in Appleton, Wisconsin. Huge discount racks in the back plus my favorite grinder (sandwich) place was next door.

Posted by lindsaybell

[This post has been removed]

Posted by lauracrowe

Posted by shawnkemp

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.