GMs and EOs: Plans for 2022?
Posted by lore seeker

For those who plan on running events at Gen Con Indy 2022, what's on your menu?

I've got three adventure ideas in the scratch notes stage - one each for Alien RPG, Call of Cthulhu, and Star Trek Adventures - and which one I'll run depends on which is closest to a fully formed plot by the end of the month. So far, the Alien adventure is in the lead.

Posted by noone

Castle Falkenstien
Empire of the Petal Throne
Talislanta (5e if they get the pdf out, otherwise 2ed)
I like to run events that don’t have 20+ other events running

Posted by fogel pens and creations

Curious if anyone would attend a wand or pen turning demo?  Trying to judge if I should pursue that with the Con organizers 

Posted by conspiracyofgamers fogel pens and creations

fogel pens and creations wrote:
Curious if anyone would attend a wand or pen turning demo?  Trying to judge if I should pursue that with the Con organizers 
I bet a wand turning demo would catch some interest.  There were a lot of crafty things in years before.

Posted by weidster

Thus far, WAG will be running DC Heroes, Marvel Super Heroes, Spirit of 77 and Call of Cthulhu...

Posted by agent_duchovny

I'm planning on running some origami workshops (first time teaching any sort of class at the con).

Posted by laggy

I will be running:
A T&T/Monsters! Monsters! scenario called "Off the Rez" set in Thessaly Chance's Uprising at Buzzard's Gulch campaign setting.
A homebrew set in Gotham City where PCs are street level cops and other personas called "Two Jokers in the Deck".
A few horror film scenarios using my Crawlspace rules. "Night of the Cryptids Part II: Bigfoot Babies", "The Horrible Fate of the Haunted House Hunters", "The Sleep Study", my wife's scenario "TerrorHog", and "Scary Monsters, Super Creeps" .
I may add a T&T 7+ Edition scenario on Sunday.

Posted by laggy lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
I've got three adventure ideas in the scratch notes stage - one each for Alien RPG, Call of Cthulhu, and Star Trek Adventures - and which one I'll run depends on which is closest to a fully formed plot by the end of the month. So far, the Alien adventure is in the lead.
What day and time is your _Star Trek_ scenario?

Posted by lore seeker laggy

laggy wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:
What day and time is your _Star Trek_ scenario?
That was just one of three options, and it's probably going to be the one I don't run. Right now I'm trying to decide on whether to run both Alien and Call of Cthulhu, or just one of them.

Posted by dblade

I will be running 3 adventures using the Alternity RPG for a variety of campaign settings. 

Star Drive: Dead Squad—You had been facing life imprisonment on an isolated moon in the Verge, but the Concord is offering you a second chance with a dangerous covert mission. And they don't care whether you live or die.

Firefly: Art Heists & Hand Grenades—You’ve been hired to pinch a valuable piece of artwork from a fancified aristocrat. It will be like taking candy from a big, angry baby.

Dark Matter: Blood Chorus—An old college roommate has called you for help after being attacked by cyber vampires & stalked by lizard people. She may be off her meds, but as paranormal investigators you’ve seen crazier things.

The Star Drive adventure is an obvious play on the Suicide Squad template. I created characters using each of the main playable aliens from the player's guide (weren, mechanus, t'sa, fraal, sesheyen).

The Firefly adventure is the 6th Firefly game I have created for GenCon. This is usually my favorite session to run because of the built in enthusiasm for the characters and setting. Most people who join this game have never played Alternity but it doesn't matter one bit.

The Dark Matter adventure is very much in the same vein of X-Files weirdness. I ran another adventure with the same characters/setting a few years back and I had a really good time.  

Posted by kindcraftsltd

I'm looking to have crafting classes. One would be to make a wooden D20 bag, and the other would be wood burning a dice box. Hopefully there will be interest in those as this is my first time being an EO at a con.

Posted by wavester

I plan on being back in full force like we were in 2019 and prior. Which means over 200 DM's, a huge hall, goal of 10,000 ticketed events, multiple locations, and just all the coolness we can bring. 

Posted by kertdawg kindcraftsltd

everything82404 wrote:
I'm looking to have crafting classes. One would be to make a wooden D20 bag, and the other would be wood burning a dice box. Hopefully there will be interest in those as this is my first time being an EO at a con.
Yes and yes. Please do this. Thank you. 

Posted by sawasmo kindcraftsltd

everything82404 wrote:
Ooo this sounds cool! Do you have a website or fb page with pics?

Posted by kindcraftsltd kertdawg

kertdawg wrote:
everything82404 wrote:
Yes and yes. Please do this. Thank you. 
Awesome, thanks for the interest! If you'd like to see more information, I made a page on my site for GenCon stuff. :) https://www.kindcraftscrate.com/gencon

Posted by kindcraftsltd sawasmo

sawasmo wrote:
everything82404 wrote:
Ooo this sounds cool! Do you have a website or fb page with pics?
Thanks! Good idea - I just made one! This is a private page with GenCon crafts and updates. I will add more photos as they become available. :) https://www.kindcraftscrate.com/gencon

Posted by sgibson260

We're planning on running miniatures games this year. We felt bad that we missed last year.

Do we know if there will be limits on player density ? Some of our most popular events have folks crowded around the table.

Steve Gibson
Northern Virginia Gamers

Posted by lore seeker sgibson260

sgibson260 wrote:
We're planning on running miniatures games this year. We felt bad that we missed last year.
Do we know if there will be limits on player density ? Some of our most popular events have folks crowded around the table.
Steve Gibson
Northern Virginia Gamers

I kind of doubt player density will be restricted. I played some Battletech Grinder games at the 2021 con, and those are events where there's as many as nine people gathered around a table, plus any spectators.

Posted by helenbb

There weren't really any restrictions on player density in 2021. I sat around many gaming tables squished right next to people for hours. The tables were spaced a bit further apart, but people at the tables were close.

Posted by sgibson260

Thanks for the responses, guys! Looking forward to a great, crowded, time!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.