Mini Painting
Posted by yorhey

I would be interested in a minis painting seminar kinda thing if anyone is planning on hosting one.

Posted by helenbb

There are miniature painting seminars every year, including those at beginner level. If you're interested in painting, these are well worth an hour of your time to 'brush up' on the basics.

Posted by yorhey

helenbb wrote:
There are miniature painting seminars every year, including those at beginner level. If you're interested in painting, these are well worth an hour of your time to 'brush up' on the basics.
Oh!  Perfect!  I haven't been to a GenCon and this will be my first.  Thank you for the reply!

Posted by tinabear81

Depending on the seminar and the duration, some mini-painting activities cost more than others, so plan for that. They are worth it imho

Posted by kainkole8

[This post has been removed]

Posted by picosaurus

Keep an eye out for one run by Kefa Studios, that's the one I did last year and thought it was excellent.

Posted by grognard262

Our daughter might attend this year, and she likes to paint out miniatures for us.  If she wants to paint at Gen Con, what is involved?

She might be interested in a seminar as well.  She likes to learn about shading and advanced techniques.  She is quite creative!

Posted by colbrook grognard262

chaoticneutral262 wrote:
Our daughter might attend this year, and she likes to paint out miniatures for us.  If she wants to paint at Gen Con, what is involved?
She might be interested in a seminar as well.  She likes to learn about shading and advanced techniques.  She is quite creative!
Check out the event catalogue when it goes up in early March, there should be a number of painting seminars/tutorials.

Posted by helenbb

If she has never done one of these classes, I would recommend a beginner class. Even if she thinks she knows things, it's amazing the little things you can pick up from an expert. They will provide brushes, paints and minis.

Posted by armadilloal colbrook

colbrook wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:
Check out the event catalogue when it goes up in early March, there should be a number of painting seminars/tutorials.

Early May, not early March.  The catalog is only up for a week or so before registration.

Posted by colbrook armadilloal

armadilloal wrote:
colbrook wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:

Early May, not early March.  The catalog is only up for a week or so before registration.
36 years old and I still get March and May mixed up :$

Posted by helenbb

They both start with Ma... ;)

Posted by yorhey colbrook

colbrook wrote:
armadilloal wrote:
colbrook wrote:
chaoticneutral262 wrote:

36 years old and I still get March and May mixed up :$
Lol

March has 5 letters and is the third month. 

May has 3 letters and is the fifth month.

Opposites in a kind of way. 

Hope that helps!!!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.