Battletech Pods?
Posted by foodiddiedoo

Has anyone heard one way or another if the Battletech Pods will return this year?  We really missed them in 2021 and are hoping they'll be back again!

Posted by tinabear81

They always looked awesome, but I’ve never tried them. I hope they’re back so I can add it to the list of new things to try. 

Posted by lore seeker

I know they're supposed to be at Marmalade Dog (a small convention in Kalamazoo, MI) on March 11-13, so maybe they'll be back for Gen Con too.

Posted by quarex

Yeah the Battletech Pods have to be the #1 "thing I have never done and probably never will" that I nonetheless was sad to not see last year, haha.  They are so iconic!

Posted by lore seeker quarex

quarex wrote:
Yeah the Battletech Pods have to be the #1 "thing I have never done and probably never will" that I nonetheless was sad to not see last year, haha.  They are so iconic!

Give them a try! They're a lot of fun.

Posted by colbrook

Add me to the list of people that see the pods every year but never got around to going in one. If I can make it this year I'll be sure to book a go.

Posted by lore seeker

Another reason I highly encourage people to use the Battletech Pods while they still can: it's my understanding that these things are running on 20+-year-old technology, and that repairs/parts replacements are becoming increasingly difficult. They could well be running on borrowed time by now, so enjoy them while you still can.

Posted by rfsullivan

Got curious and did some reading; some of the hardware that goes into those pods is literally described as "lostech" on the Wiki article on the Battletech Centers.

Posted by traveller

Amiga computers.  They were old when the pods were new.

Posted by bollermanrkr

I absolutely intend to play the Pods if they're there. I hit them for at least 1 round every year. I was very sad to not see them last year and hope they find ways to update/ upgrade little by little so they can stay running. 

Posted by lore seeker

Unfortunately, I talked to one of the guys running the Battletech Pods (they're at a small convention I'm currently attending), and he said they haven't been invited to Gen Con 2022.

Posted by narzat lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
Unfortunately, I talked to one of the guys running the Battletech Pods (they're at a small convention I'm currently attending), and he said they haven't been invited to Gen Con 2022.

As in they "submitted a request to host events and were rejected" or they "submitted a request to host events and haven't heard back yet"?

Posted by quarex

I always figured they were outside the event system and just worked directly with the convention at a different level, like the Auction or other things outside formal ticketing.

Posted by narzat

I just chatted online with the folks who run the pods, and they confirmed that they won't be at Gen Con this year.  They are hoping to be back next year, which would be great!  The pods are the thing that originally hooked my son into loving Gen Con, and now we have a father-son trip to the Con every year :)

Posted by lore seeker narzat

narzat wrote:
I just chatted online with the folks who run the pods, and they confirmed that they won't be at Gen Con this year.  They are hoping to be back next year, which would be great!  The pods are the thing that originally hooked my son into loving Gen Con, and now we have a father-son trip to the Con every year :)

Sad to see that confirmed, but that means I'll have more time for the Battletech Grinder at least.

Posted by ingoodpoo

[This post has been removed]

Posted by donaldbain ingoodpoo

ingoodpoo wrote:
became a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.
Quoting to save the spammers name for posterity.

Posted by roderick donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:
ingoodpoo wrote:
became a searcher,wanting to discover who i was and what made me precise. my view of myself turned into changing. i desired a stable base to start from. i commenced to resist3 stress to behave in ways that i didn’t like any greater,and i used to be delighted by who i in reality become. i got here to feel a good deal extra sure that no one can ever take my region.
Quoting to save the spammers name for posterity.

You don't have to - We (well, Mike has the authority) ban names as soon as we see them. 

RR

Posted by quarex

I think he just found the particularly terrible name worth highlighting in this case, haha.

Posted by michaeladams

I hope they will come back. Can you guys help me in searching for liteblue guide online? I will be thankful to you. [img]https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/papersowl.com[/img]https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/papersowl.com"">get more info

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.