Downloadable Events List
Posted by notavailableeither

I see how to get into the online system for events but I prefer to download the excel version so I can do my own categorization & sorting.

Where can I find this file?

Thank you.

Posted by quarex

So you can look at the events?  I am getting a 404 error, though I assume this will be fixed soon

Posted by donaldbain

https://www.gencon.com/gen-con-indy/how-to-find-events

Links toward the bottom.

Posted by notavailableeither

Yes.  I just go to Gencon Indy and there’s a BROWSE EVENTS button at the right of the red bar, just below my avatar and to the left of the BUY A BADGE button.

I’ve been able to get in, filter and read about events although I haven’t tried to put anything on my wish list yet.

Posted by notavailableeither notavailableeither

Posted by mbroadwater

Works in Chrome, not in Firefox. Well done. Just...bravo to that.

Posted by notavailableeither notavailableeither

thanks for the catalog links

thought I looked there

Don’t know why responses keep replying to my own threads and can’t delete them

Posted by marimaccadmin mbroadwater

mbroadwater wrote:

If you want to send an email to [email protected] with specifics, I'm sure they can route that to our dev team to look at, thanks for letting us know.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by quarex

Hilariously mine does not work in Chrome but works in Vivaldi (I do not use Firefox anymore).  I sent screenshots in.

Posted by mbroadwater quarex

quarex wrote:
Hilariously mine does not work in Chrome but works in Vivaldi (I do not use Firefox anymore).  I sent screenshots in.

Wow. The mind boggles. (also, I'll check out Vivaldi)

Posted by david campbell

I can see the event list, and add things to my wishlist - but I can't find a link anywhere to view or edit the wishlist? Is it missing form the menu, or am I just blind?

Thanks!

Posted by austicke david campbell

www.gencon.com/wishlist

Posted by david campbell austicke

Direct link FTW, thanks!

Posted by bonham mbroadwater

mbroadwater wrote:
Working fine in Firefox for me.

Posted by quarex

Wow, when I click the wishlist link it pops up a new exciting error: "ON HOLD - SEE BELOW" (there is nothing below to see, haha).  Also works fine in Vivaldi.  Also glad to see I am inadvertently spreading the word of Vivaldi in the thread :)  Haha

Posted by derekguder

It works fine for me in Safari - but I suspect it may have less to do with the browser and is likely related to which convention's cookie is saved on your browser's session.

If you run into errors like this (particularly ones that suggest things are closed or not open yet, was opposed to straight-up 500 errors or something) it's often due to you being logged in as viewing "Gen Con Online" for some reason.

Just to check, try going to gencon.com again and clicking on Gen Con Indy and make sure that you are viewing Indy content, then try the link you had an issue with again to see if it load properly now.

Edit: You can also check the color of the banner/border at the top. If it's not red, then you may be in the "wrong" convention (at least as of the time of this post).

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by quarex

Mine is gray; time to see if your suggestion fixes the problem in my usual browser!

Edit: Well, no.  I am sure if I cleared the cookie it would work, though, as yes it works in every browser I try it in other than the one I usually use.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.