MTG, map, and run like heck?
Posted by polski2020

3 Ponderies:
1)  Oh my gosh, there were no MTG events listed.  Am I right to assume they just haven't posted for the massive response or will there seriously be no tournies for MTG??
2)  Is there a map to view for Gen Con 2022 anywhere?
3)  If one event ends 4 and your next event begins at 4 - should we wear gym shoes and run like hell to our next event??  I do not run.

Posted by austicke polski2020

polski2020 wrote:3 Ponderies:
1)  Oh my gosh, there were no MTG events listed.  Am I right to assume they just haven't posted for the massive response or will there seriously be no tournies for MTG??
3)  If one event ends 4 and your next event begins at 4 - should we wear gym shoes and run like hell to our next event??  I do not run.

1. Pastimes events are usually added late.

2. Not for 2022 yet, but you can look at the old map in the meantime.

3. If needed. You may want to avoid scheduling back-to-back events if you can't get to the second one on time.

Posted by marcjwaters

Dont do back to back events. I speak from experience. Not only do you need to at least move with some sort of haste, but you will need breaks for bathroom, food, playing pick up games of werewolf... etc.

Posted by polski2020

Okay, I may need to rethink my schedule then.  Dangit, but thanks, marcjwaters.

Posted by selene314 polski2020

polski2020 wrote:
If one event ends 4 and your next event begins at 4 - should we wear gym shoes and run like hell to our next event??
If the first event is a card game that started at 2, there's a decent chance it will end before the full time, and you can make it to another event by 4 if that other event is in the same building. But there's also a chance it won't be done by 4. Board/card game lengths can be hard to predict, especially with brand new players. If it's an RPG, seminar, etc. where the GM has more control over pacing, expect it to end right at 4 and then to potentially hang around and chat about it afterwards.

Posted by donaldbain

There's a map on the convention center in the ICC website:

https://www.icclos.com/indiana-convention-center-venue/floor-plans/

Posted by lanogironu polski2020

polski2020 wrote:
3 Ponderies:
 1 - Pastimes will fill up the event catalog with both on-demand events you don't need to sign up for, and legitimate tournaments / possible midnight pre-releases that you'd need to get a ticket for in advance. Someone will likely post when it happens but you can keep an eye on event catalog to see them filling up if you really want to register for one of the big 200+ person tournaments. 

Posted by polski2020

Thank you lanigironu!
Good stuff to know!!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.