Getting tickets
Posted by [email protected]

So, this is my first GenCon. My wife and I decided to give it a whirl as a ten year anniversary trip. After watching some Youtube, we correctly deduced that we should each have our own accounts, so we would get a better chance for a hotel (thank goodness we did!).  Now, however, we want to be sure that we are in the same events.  I see the option "Everyone", "Myself", "Another ticket for me" as I build the wish list.  Am I correct in assuming that clicking both "myself" and "another ticket for me" would allow me to get a spot for my wife if I check the "only if all" option? 

Posted by notavailableeither

If you make each other friends, you can buy tickets under each other’s names.

Just click your avatar at the top right of the page and go to My Friends & Family.  Then select Add a Friend & follow the directions.  Once you’re each other’s friend’s you’ll see each other’s names on the people for whom you can buy tickets.

Posted by austicke [email protected]

[email protected] wrote:I see the option "Everyone", "Myself", "Another ticket for me" as I build the wish list.  Am I correct in assuming that clicking both "myself" and "another ticket for me" would allow me to get a spot for my wife if I check the "only if all" option? 

Go with notavailableeither's method but the answer to your question is yes. (But the "only if all" option is only needed if you don't want to end up with a single ticket, only both or none.)

Posted by mikeboozer notavailableeither

notavailableeither wrote:
Just click your avatar at the top right of the page and go to My Friends & Family.  Then select Add a Friend & follow the directions.  Once you’re each other’s friend’s you’ll see each other’s names on the people for whom you can buy tickets.

It is important to note when you make them your "Friend" they must accept that on their Friends list.
Also, If they want to buy tickets for you on their account they must do the same. It does not automatically go both ways.

Mike 

Posted by ladye notavailableeither

notavailableeither wrote:
If you are like my Husband and I, there may be a game one of you wants to play one game more, but the other has the back-up game. If you get "One more for me" you won't create a conflict with your spouse's list if any part of it is different. Also, we do a switch-off with main and back-up desired events.

Posted by dpuck1998

Similar question, once they are friends is it possible to see their wish list?  I go to friends and family and click on 
my spouse, I'm able to put things on her wish list, but no where can I see her wish list.

Posted by funny-shaped dice dpuck1998

dpuck1998 wrote:
Similar question, once they are friends is it possible to see their wish list?  I go to friends and family and click on 
my spouse, I'm able to put things on her wish list, but no where can I see her wish list.

Unfortunately, there is not.  

Posted by derekguder dpuck1998

dpuck1998 wrote:

Just to clarify a point here - you can add things for her to your own wishlist. You cannot add things to her wishlist.

Might seem like a minor point, but it could be big depending on if either/both of you end up submitting wishlists when registration opens.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.