Wish List time to process
Posted by wells

If I am one of the many who click the button exactly at Noon EST, how long before all those lists are processed? Minutes or hours?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Honestly, yes, it will be one of those.  We can't be certain because we don't know how many people will submit at noon.  Some people will get processed in minutes, it make take an hour or more for some people.  

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by ndgeekboy

But, if I remember right, just hit Submit once or you'll lose your place in line.

Posted by armadilloal

If my memory serves correctly, in past years it takes something like 45 minutes to process all of the lists that are submitted exactly at noon?  I could be off, but probably not by much.

Lists are available to check out as soon as they're processed, so depending on what order you're put into the initial rush, it could be anywhere between 0 and ~45 minutes.  It will give you a queue number after you're in line (this may take a few minutes due to server stress), which updates once or twice a minute, so you can use that to gauge how long it will take your list specifically to be processed.

Posted by wells

Number 2900 to process.

Posted by scattterbreak

Started at 4144... currently down to 3731.

Posted by joho

started at 609, now at 56

Posted by armadilloal

Looks like I was a bit off...judging by the fact that it took me 8-9 minutes to go from 4420 to 3800-ish in the queue, and I'm seeing numbers in the high 6000's on the Facebook page, looks like it be closer to 90 minutes for the end of the 12:00 gang to process, not 45.

Sorry about that.

2900 looks like it should be in the 30-45 minute range, though.

Posted by jwibbenmeyer

Good for you Joho. That is an exceptional line placement. I started in the 1700s, now at 1050. Not my best, nor my worst line number.

Posted by joho

and done!

Posted by marimaccadmin

Once it says processing, you CAN refresh without losing your place in line.

Marian McBrine
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by jwibbenmeyer

great. I got to 50, then it went to 5k. Classy as always

Posted by del_grande

At 1 PM, it looks like it's processing 110 per minute. I am currently at 3800, although I got in late (around 12:50 - not really a problem, as most of my events are seminars anyway), which means the lists will be processing until at least 1:35 at this rate.

UPDATE: At 1:30, not only did my original wish list get processed, but I submitted a second one for replacement events and it processed immediately

Posted by cinnibar ndgeekboy

ndgeekboy wrote:
But, if I remember right, just hit Submit once or you'll lose your place in line.

I don't think this is true if the first call got in and waiting for a response.  I've used a couple devices before and clicked on both, number still in the mid 600's.

Posted by ndgeekboy cinnibar

cinnibar wrote:
ndgeekboy wrote:

I don't think this is true if the first call got in and waiting for a response.  I've used a couple devices before and clicked on both, number still in the mid 600's.

Last time I did this was back in 2014, so, yeah, my misremember. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.