Events Missing Almost All Info
Posted by spenecer

I bought a ticket to an event which has no Group/Company, GM, Location, Email or Website. Will the events be updating with this information? Or have I gotten a ticket to a fake event?

Posted by austicke

There are no fake events. The location will be filled in later.

The other info will probably not be populated. It's up to the event host if they wish to include it.

Posted by del_grande

There are 61 such events in the current (5/15, morning) event list. Okay, not having a location listed doesn't sound good...

Posted by noone

If it’s a guy running events by themselves group isn’t needed.  I’m in a group by myself cause I was messing with the settings a couple of years ago and once to set group on i haven’t found a way to turn it off.  The other fields email and websites are optional.  Location is set by the GenCon event staff.  However the GM field should not be blank.

Posted by austicke del_grande

del_grande wrote:Okay, not having a location listed doesn't sound good...

Nah, that's common to not be filled in right away.
noone wrote:However the GM field should not be blank.

I'm pretty sure that's also optional. Baldman, for example, usually has about 150 different GMs.

Posted by noone austicke

austicke wrote:
del_grande wrote:Okay, not having a location listed doesn't sound good...

Nah, that's common to not be filled in right away.
noone wrote:However the GM field should not be blank.

I'm pretty sure that's also optional. Baldman, for example, usually has about 150 different GMs.
yup your right.  I went to submit a new event and gm is an optional field.  I was thinking it was mandatory because it requires you to put in an email to a existing GenCon account if you fill it out.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Many games don't have a location yet; that's completely normal.

An event does NOT have to have a GM listed; we encourage it but it's not required.

I always think it's a bad idea to have no way to contact the event organizer on the event, but it's completely allowed for an event to be listed that way.  And no, we do not have fake events.

If for whatever reason the GM doesn't show up onsite, you should go to the nearest HQ, and let them know; they'll mark that event as a no show and you can get a full refund.

Marian McBrine
Event Manger
Gen Con LLC

Posted by donaldbain

austicke wrote:
There are no fake events. The location will be filled in later.
The other info will probably not be populated. It's up to the event host if they wish to include it.

So the Nigerian DM who needs my credit card number to make my character is legit?

Posted by austicke donaldbain

donaldbain wrote:So the Nigerian DM who needs my credit card number to make my character is legit?

Only if he's a prince.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.