Deadline for paper tickets in your packet?
Posted by damiensundae

Apologies if I missed this somewhere. If I want to buy tickets to an event that does paper ticketing, how long do I have to do that to ensure the tickets will be in my packet at Will Call? Is there a cutoff date for printing and packet-stuffing? Thanks.

Posted by austicke

Just a few hours. At the con, you should just go directly to event registration though.

Posted by aceorton

I'm not following. Are you saying there's a deadline today, 6/19, to get paper tickets into your packet?

Posted by austicke aceorton

aceorton wrote:I'm not following. Are you saying there's a deadline today, 6/19, to get paper tickets into your packet?

No, there is no deadline for Will Call. If you buy an event ticket on Tuesday, August 2, it will be at Will Call when it opens on Wednesday.

Posted by mikeboozer

USPS packets must have tickets in them now to be shipped to you.

Will Call packets can have tickets bought anytime to have them put in your packet at the show.

It is important to note that it is much faster to buy tickets at the Event Registration kiosks when at the show then buy them online at the show. 

1. You get your tickets right away.
2. You don't have to wait in the Will Call line or the required 2 extra hours for them to be available.

If the tickets are electronic then none of this applies of course.

Mike

Posted by hahnarama

Not to hijack this thread but it's 2022, why are all event tix not electronic and just tied to my badge?

Thanks,

Posted by damiensundae

Thank you, Austicke and Mike, for the clarifications. For some reason I had the impression that once packets were assembled at some point this summer (even for Will Call), what was in there was what was in there and staff wouldn't be adding or removing paper tickets before the show.

When I'm at the show, I do buy event tickets from Event Reg kiosks and not online.

Posted by aceorton

Confirming: Is it just adding tickets that works this way, or also returns and transfers? For example, if I transfer a paper ticket to a friend on July 31, does someone from Gen Con physically go in and pull that ticket from my Will Call packet and create a new one for my friend's packet?

Posted by austicke

You can't transfer paper tickets systematically. But you can just hand the ticket to them.

And you can't return paper tickets until you go onsite and visit the customer service booth.

Posted by aceorton austicke

austicke wrote:
You can't transfer paper tickets systematically. But you can just hand the ticket to them.
And you can't return paper tickets until you go onsite and visit the customer service booth.

Ah, yes, OK. I see the options to return and transfer have now disappeared from all the paper tickets I have currently. Thank you.

Posted by lanogironu aceorton

aceorton wrote:
austicke wrote:

Ah, yes, OK. I see the options to return and transfer have now disappeared from all the paper tickets I have currently. Thank you.

Yeah, that shut down on the 19th when they began badge fulfillment. Any paper tickets you ordered will be in your package that the badge comes in and you'll need to hang on to them until August to return or exchange in person. 

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.