Newly Listed Event Conflicts with Paper Ticket I Already Have
Posted by brittonica

Hi!

An event was recently listed, which I'd like to attend. However, it conflicts with an event for which I've already received the paper ticket in the mail, so the system blocks me from purchasing the ticket for the new event. I can't refund the paper ticket until I'm at the con, and it's likely that tickets for the new event will be sold out by then.

Is there no way I can get a ticket for this new event?

Posted by aegoce

Buy for a friend that doesn't have a conflict and get them to transfer it to you after you return your ticket I think is the way.

Posted by brittonica

I suspected that might be the only workaround. I appreciate the response!

Posted by lanogironu

I've seen people report that they successfully canceled paper tickets in advance by emailing customer support and going through the process with them. One person even said they had to cut up the ticket and send a photo, but it may work. 

Posted by hahnarama

Once again...ALL tickets should be electronic. Its 2022 not 1991 in Milwaukee 

Posted by brittonica hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:
I'm inclined to agree!

Posted by casien

But I want peg boards back!

Posted by mikeboozer lanogironu

lanigironu wrote:
I've seen people report that they successfully canceled paper tickets in advance by emailing customer support and going through the process with them. One person even said they had to cut up the ticket and send a photo, but it may work. 

To be clear. Exceptions to the policy are only made under specific circumstances, and conflicting tickets does not qualify.

Mike

Posted by hahnarama casien

casien wrote:
But I want peg boards back!
How old are you?! LOL 

Posted by qwaserity

I feel like adding my voice to the choir here.

I have two events that were added late that I want to attend but I already have paper tickets for events that conflict so I'm just waiting to get those tickets when I'm at the head of the will call line. And blah, blah, blah (stuff you won't care about).

I know it takes time and tech to get everything changed over to electronic tickets. I look forward to when we get to this level.

Posted by hannman brittonica

brittonica wrote:
hahnarama wrote:
I'm inclined to agree!
This.  We've been able to work around the rules through the extra ticket for me option.  

Posted by nyjets

I think the issue with paper tickets is that some GM/ Gaming companies do not want electronic tickets. They prefer paper tickets.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.