Special Category: Interesting?
Posted by mad_joe

Hello! First time Gen Con GM here, and I'm super excited to run some Dungeon World for my fellow attendees.

I've got a curiousity here - my events were marked with this note:

Special Category:
Gen Con found this event interesting. You might too.

What does this mean? Is this something that gets put on for groups and GMs that haven't run games at Gen Con before?

Posted by derekguder

It just means exactly that: when we were reviewing or placing events, we thought the event sounded neat and we marked it as "Gen Con presents."

It's just what we use for something that catches our eye and isn't already a Premier Group. It has nothing to do with running events at Gen Con before.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by mad_joe

Well shucks, now I actually have to put some hard work into these games... now that there's expectations and such! :-D

Posted by brotherbock derekguder

derekguder wrote:
It just means exactly that: when we were reviewing or placing events, we thought the event sounded neat and we marked it as "Gen Con presents."
It's just what we use for something that catches our eye and isn't already a Premier Group. It has nothing to do with running events at Gen Con before.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

I gotta say, I really like this. Good idea :) 

Posted by stirilngjoyner

Is there any additional effect besides that note being added to the event page? Are events in this category put in to a special public list or something?

Posted by derekguder

They're marked in the event catalog download and the program book event charts, and there is a separate export of just premier & Gen Con presents events with tickets remaining.

So... there isn't an effect, per se, beyond trying to get them a bit more exposure because we thought they were neat.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by suburbaknght

It would be nice next year having a search option for these events in the events search.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.