Event time Conflicts
Posted by connerccole

IS there a way to get tickets to an event that ends at 5pm and attend another after that starts at 5pm? I cannot so far, but feel I should be able to. Lateness I was told is common and should be expected as well as I do not think I will stay at the first event the whole time.  How can I get tickets to both?

Posted by brotherbock

You're trying to play in an event that ends at the exact time another event you want to play in starts? Are they in the same room? If not, how are you planning on getting to the second event in time? 

Posted by connerccole

changed question...

Posted by marimaccadmin

Yes, you can buy events back to back. Let the GM know you have an event right after, and they are supposed to wait about 10 minutes in your next event.  The system will let you book events back to back with no issues.  

You are saying the system will not let you; that should not be the case.  Double check that the times are correct, and then you can email [email protected] if this is still an issue, thanks.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by connerccole

Clarification.
Sorry for this, but looking over it, I am able to do what I had hoped.  However, I am wanting to attend a panel now that ends at 5:30 and then attend a game that starts at 5pm.  
Can I not choose to leave the panel early to attend a game?

Posted by austicke connerccole

connerccole wrote:I am wanting to attend a panel now that ends at 5:30 and then attend a game that starts at 5pm.  

You can't have overlapping events, but many panels don't fill up and you can often attend without a ticket. However, I'm obviously not sure if that's the case with your panel; has it sold out or are there still many tickets available?

Posted by connerccole

Austicke,
There are several tickets left and its a free of charge panel.  Just wanting to make sure I do not get shafted. Want to make this panel and the game.

Posted by derekguder connerccole

connerccole wrote:
Clarification.
Sorry for this, but looking over it, I am able to do what I had hoped.  However, I am wanting to attend a panel now that ends at 5:30 and then attend a game that starts at 5pm.  

There is no way to get a ticket to any event and plan to leave early to attend another ticketed event, unless the event organizer themselves specifically requested for their event to not conflict with users' schedules.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by connerccole

Derek,
thank you.  Then, if an event is free, but not yet full, can I attend on that day? What if it is full, can I still attend?

Posted by derekguder

You can attend any event that has the capacity to accommodate you with an appropriate value of generics. The number of generics you need for a free events is 0.

If an event is full, then it's full, whether or not it's free.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.