Ticket refunds for 4-day passes?
Posted by boardcrunch

Hello, how do my GMs who purchased 4-day passes get their refunds when I assign a GM pass to them? I know if they bought early, I think you automatically did it, but what if I had some added GMs in the past couple weeks leading up to this weekend? 

I assume it is done onsite somehow, or can they still request one now?

-Arthur

Posted by derekguder

That is explained in the Host page, Event Host Policy, and in the email confirmation the GM receives.

We were automatically doing refunds before pre-registration ended, but at this point if anyone has a GM badge and needs a refund for their attendee badge, they will need to drop their attendee badge off at GM HQ by Thursday at the convention. We then refund them after the convention, when we're back in the office.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by horusii

I did not get a GM Badge, I actually preregistered and later decided to host, as a result my badge doesn't say GM...can I get a new one at the show, and can I still get reimbursed? 

Posted by derekguder

You will want to review the Event Host Policy.

GM badges are not automatic and they are a separate badge type from general attendee badges. You would only get one if you are running events for/as a gaming group or company and they request an allocation and assign a badge to you.

If you submitted your events as a group, you can request a GM badge allocation and pick that up on site so you can drop off your attendee badge.

Otherwise, you can just use your attendee badge at the show and just request reimbursement after the convention. That is the process independent GMs follow.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by horusii

Thanks Derek! 

You've been extraordinary helpful to this new (old) GM...I owe you a beer! 

Posted by derekguder

Thanks, but I don't drink :) Definitely say hi if you see me at GM HQ or running around the show, though!

I'm happy to help, so if you (or anyone else) has any questions, just let us know.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by marimaccadmin

(Derek accepts gifts/tribute/bribes in the form of Diet Mountain Dew, Stupid Flaming Hot UTZ chips, and Orange Hostess Cupcakes)

Posted by pezkat

For returning badges for a refund, could someone please clarify the "by Thursday" requirement?  Does that mean it needs to be done *before* Thursday (so, between 5-8 pm Wed when GM HQ is open) or by the end of the day on Thursday??

Posted by derekguder

Earlier on Thursday is much better, but end of the day is technically OK.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by pezkat derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Earlier on Thursday is much better, but end of the day is technically OK.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Ooh, awesome, thank you!  Definitely makes things easier to squeeze everything (else) in Wednesday evening. :)

New Post Sign in to write a new post.