EO/GM email: Attendee Housing Opens February 11
Posted by derekguder

Attendee Housing Registration Opens Sunday, February 11 - Buy Badges Before Midnight Friday, February 9

Hotel registration opens this Sunday, so be prepared.

To get entered into the housing lottery and gain access to the attendee housing block, you must purchase an attendee badge before midnight this Friday. Anyone purchasing badges after that will be added to the end of the queue.

For full details on the housing process, check the most recent attendee newsletter.

Attendee badges will be refunded automatically as long as GM badges are assigned before fulfillment. Refunds for GM badges assigned after that will be handled after the convention, just drop the attendee badge off at GM HQ onsite.

Posted by frif10kitty

Apologize if this is the wrong place to ask this, or if I am too early. But being newer to the EO role for our group, I wanted to understand the process.

Last year I recall there was a post about when Hotels were going to be available for GM/EO to submit their request for.
Will that be the same this year? to keep an eye on the forum to see when you post it?

Posted by derekguder

There is a GM hotel request form (it's linked off the Host page), but it is important to remember that the GM housing block is limited and complimentary rooms are given priority, so it should only be used as a fallback option, not relied upon to be the primary plan for securing housing.

I've been able to make GM rooms all work in the past, but it gets harder and harder every year, so I don't want anyone to take a gamble and then have a huge headache if things don't work out.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by frif10kitty derekguder

derekguder wrote:
There is a GM hotel request form (it's linked off the Host page), but it is important to remember that the GM housing block is limited and complimentary rooms are given priority, so it should only be used as a fallback option, not relied upon to be the primary plan for securing housing.
I've been able to make GM rooms all work in the past, but it gets harder and harder every year, so I don't want anyone to take a gamble and then have a huge headache if things don't work out.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Much appreciate your direction and assistance. I believe last year our group may have got in late due to not knowing where the information was. I wanted to make sure we get the information (and events) to you as soon as possible to make both our lives easier!

Posted by derekguder

Excellent - early is always good. If any questions come up, just let us know.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.