Electronic Ticket Participation?
Posted by indyupcycle

Is there a way for GMs to volunteer to have his/her events participate in the Electronic Ticket test?

Posted by derekguder

Yup - just email us at [email protected] and let us know your group and which events you want to include in the program.

We're focused on the initial event schedule release right now, but we'll have details soon and we'll respond to folks who were interested as soon as we have a chance to.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by sysop073

Will it require special hardware, or just scanning tickets with our phones?

Posted by bluemax

I just emailed the FITS Society's interest

Posted by derekguder

You should just need a smartphone (iOS or Android), though having a computer & scanner for backup may not be a bad idea, especially in the early testing phases.

We'll have more details soon.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by binia

I just read that True Dungeon will be one of the beta testers of electronic ticketing.  Since they have dedicated ticket takers, it could work quite well.  However, I’m concerned that you’ll be relying on smartphones to scan badges.  Cell reception under the RCA Dome is abysmal, and this beta test could turn into an epic level cluster.  I strongly suggest you count on having hard wired terminals with connections back to the GenCon servers.  And since bar code readers can be touchy, have a few back up devices handy.  Please take the time to make this work right.

Posted by boc_mage binia

binia wrote:
I just read that True Dungeon will be one of the beta testers of electronic ticketing.  Since they have dedicated ticket takers, it could work quite well.  However, I’m concerned that you’ll be relying on smartphones to scan badges.  Cell reception under the RCA Dome is abysmal, and this beta test could turn into an epic level cluster.  I strongly suggest you count on having hard wired terminals with connections back to the GenCon servers.  And since bar code readers can be touchy, have a few back up devices handy.  Please take the time to make this work right.

Would love to have a option to have paper tickets. I'm an IT geek who does break-fix. Stuff will break, TD is one thing that I don't like having something break. 

I really like electronic ticketing as a way so i can impulse buy an event ticket then and there and jump into a game. For stuff where I handle ticket buys I definitely want a paper trail.

Posted by garhkal

I do wonder, if the electronic ticket method works out, will they do away with paper tickets eventually?

New Post Sign in to write a new post.