Removed from Program Guide?
Posted by bsugrad

Hello!

I was just contacting as I thought I had made the deadline for my game to be included in the Program Guide for this year, but I was set to false at the end of last month.  Was wondering if I could inquire why?  Event number is RPG1694557.

Thanks!

Posted by dukejohn

I think you're okay. I just looked online and it's listed. Appears sold out, too, as there are no tickets available. 

Posted by bsugrad dukejohn

dukejohn wrote:
I think you're okay. I just looked online and it's listed. Appears sold out, too, as there are no tickets available. 

Hoping so.  Always wanted an event in the book. :)

Posted by jmsetzer

If your event is sold out, that is a great thing! However, it does mean that your event will likely not be in the printed book; GEN CON had to start cutting event listings a few years ago due to the size of the book and events that are sold out don't get put in the book in general as part of that. There have been long discussions in the past about this an various solutions proposed but the bottom line is, right now, not every event makes it into the event listings and if an event is already sold out, there's not much reason for it to take up a slot vs. an event that has openings that someone could actually still sign up for. In summmary: online event listings show everything, the event listings in the printed program book do not.

(PS obviously I don't work for GEN CON, just trying to be helpful.)

Posted by derekguder

That's basically it, yes.

The program guide only has about 5,000 events, and there are currently more tan 16,000 active events, so a lot of stuff doesn't make it into the print guide. Events that are sold out (or not open to registration or walk-ups anyway) are the first to get cut.

If the program_guide field for your event it set to FALSE, then it will not appear in the print guide, and you'll want to plan accordingly.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.