Event Tickets & Reimbursement Due Monday, August 20
Posted by derekguder

Badge & Hotel Reimbursement Requests

Badge and hotel reimbursement requests are due on Monday, August 20. These links and full instructions are on the Host page, if you need to refer to these in the future.

Mailing in Event Tickets

If you still have any event tickets, please put them in the mail as soon as you can - they must be delivered to the Gen Con offices by Monday, August 20.

If you had more than one event, make sure to sort all tickets and put them in separate envelopes for each different event you ran, so we can reconcile them properly. Then you can mail the whole batch to us as a single package.

Also, don't forget that attendance must be reported for all events, including seminars, tournament rounds, or other free events that may not have many (or any) tickets issued. If you did not report that during the convention, please send us an email with the appropriate information.

Share Your Feedback

Finally, while the show is still fresh in your mind, please pass along any feedback you had about 2018.

We hope that you had a great show, but we want to know how it went for you, either way. If everything was great, please tell us. If you ran into issues, let us know so we can see what we can do to avoid those problems in the future. If there are things you think we could do differently or new things we could try, let us know so we can keep improving the convention each year.

One specific question we have is for folks who ran RPG events in the hotels. We tried to reduce the density of games, spreading things out much more. How did that work out? Was it apparently? Did it help with noise? Were rooms too empty? If you ran or played in an RPG event, please let us know so we can adjust for next year.

Posted by kidlidar

Aside from the issue I posted in the forums already, I was a little disappointed in the space allocated to me.  It seemed a little small for 35 people to move around in and converse.  LARPS need more room than normal gaming events due to the need for not having conversations heard, etc.  We were able to move into the space immediately outside our space, so it worked out.

Our Thursday night space was great.  No issues and our players didn't have problems finding the room at all, unlike Friday night.

I also was involved in 2 rpg events in the hotels.  I loved being in the hotel, we didn't have to repeat ourselves to be heard.  The rooms I played in were empty at first, but they started to fill up about 1/2 way through our event.  (I guess they started later) Overall, the rpgs in the hotels were a good idea, IMHO.

Posted by besktheblind

Hi, I submitted tickets for all of my games, but have not received a tickets reconciled email for one of them.  I did take a pic of the tickets.  Are you guys still reconciling tickets or should I send in the pic before the August 20th deadline?

Thx!

Posted by darth_fraggle

I'm not sure if I've messed up my chances for partial hotel reimbursement. Two friends and I ran enough events to qualify, but one friend wasn't listed as a GM for every event and he is the one whose name is on the hotel bill. Is it still possible to get reimbursed?

Posted by braewe

The D&D area was so much better than in past years it is ridiculous. I would go hoarse after one game gm'ing in the icc with Catalyst, so yeah hotels!!

Posted by watchdog besktheblind

besktheblind wrote:
Hi, I submitted tickets for all of my games, but have not received a tickets reconciled email for one of them.  I did take a pic of the tickets.  Are you guys still reconciling tickets or should I send in the pic before the August 20th deadline?
Thx!
I’m in the same boat. Still waiting on several events. Tickets for those events were all submitted on Sunday.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

I was at one of the Baldman RPG events at JWM. We were in the smaller room they had (201 maybe?) and the noise levels in there were fairly OK. You could hear what the other players and the DM were saying.

Contrast that with the two RPG events I did in 240 and 241/242. The noise in those rooms was unbearable. Hearing the other players was often impossible unless they raised their voices significantly. Of course, since everyone else in the room was doing the same, it was an RPG cacophony.

The problem with the side rooms in the ICC seems to be that they were designed for speakers or meetings where there may only be one person speaking at a time.  They are not designed to reduce noise. Now, stick 20 tables in there with different groups of 6 people at each.. well, the problem becomes apparent.

Posted by derekguder besktheblind

Specific Event Questions

kidlidar wrote:
Aside from the issue I posted in the forums already, I was a little disappointed in the space allocated to me.  It seemed a little small for 35 people to move around in and converse.  LARPS need more room than normal gaming events due to the need for not having conversations heard, etc.  We were able to move into the space immediately outside our space, so it worked out.
Our Thursday night space was great.  No issues and our players didn't have problems finding the room at all, unlike Friday night.

Issues with specific events are better dealt with over email - can you send us the specific details (event IDs, etc.) at [email protected] so we can review that with you?

You may want to include your comments in the other thread, as well, so we can make sure those are addressed. The forums are good for general discussion, but not as good for specific issues that need review.

Ticket Reconciliation

besktheblind wrote:
Thx!

We scanned some tickets onsite, but full post-show reconciliation has not begun in earnest yet, so the vast majority of events have not been reconciled yet. You should expect lots of notification emails shortly, so I do recommend that folks set up filters on their email.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by derekguder darth_fraggle

darth_fraggle wrote:
I'm not sure if I've messed up my chances for partial hotel reimbursement. Two friends and I ran enough events to qualify, but one friend wasn't listed as a GM for every event and he is the one whose name is on the hotel bill. Is it still possible to get reimbursed?

Nothing should be messed up yet. Submit the appropriate reimbursement request forms for everyone and email [email protected] to add the correct GMs to each event in question.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by 613games

It seems like there are two separate processes for event tracking and event reimbursement. 

1.  For badge reimbursement I put each of the tickets in a separate envelope with the details on the label and then mail in one shipment. But what address do I use for sending the tickets?

2. For event tracking do I just send an email with all the summary details, eg event # event tickets, # generics for each event I hosted?

3. is there anything else?

thanks! -Chesley “Akiva”

Posted by derekguder

Turning in your event tickets is tracking - the reconciliation process for those is how we track attendance.

You only need to send separate information for events that both did not have tickets and you did not already submit an envelope with the appropriate information.

Full details on event tickets and the reimbursement process are on both the Host page and in the Event Host Policy.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by 613games

Hi Derek,

I don’t see the mailing address for tickets. what address do I use to send the tickets and to whose attention?

thanks!

Posted by derekguder

The address is in the Event Host Policy:

Gen Con LLC
ATTN: Events
120 Lakeside Avenue, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98122

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kidlidar

Hello Derek,

I have not yet received my check for the extra fee charged for my events.   Have they been sent yet?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Unless there's a problem for which they were held back (count issue or something), the majority of them are gong out this week or the next.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kidlidar marimaccadmin

marimaccadmin wrote:
Unless there's a problem for which they were held back (count issue or something), the majority of them are gong out this week or the next.
Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC
Thanks

Posted by parisgreen

Hey Marian - will this schedule also include wire transfer payments for ticket payouts?

Posted by derekguder

Wire transfers are made at the same time as other payments, unless there was an issue that merited holding the payment back to resolve.

If you want to check on the status of an individual payment, please email details to [email protected] so we can confirm with Finance for you.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.