Reimbursement for GM badges
Posted by danniereeley

This year I hosted 108 player hours, but I did not get a GM badge at the con. I know I need to fill out a reimbursement form, but the only one i can find is the 2017 form. Can you please link me the appropriate form?

Thanks!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Try this link.

Posted by danniereeley

Thanks! About 30 minutes after I posted it, I got an email from Gencon about filling out the reimbursement...

Posted by joegamer

Two questions.

When do you send out the checks?

How many events do you have to run to get a badge and/ or hotel reimbursement?

Posted by derekguder

You'll want to review the Event Host Policy, as it addresses both points in detail.

Very quickly though:

1. Reimbursements are processed after ticket reconciliation is done, so that should be in late September, most likely.
  2. 70 player-hour are required for badge reimbursement and 200 for your share of a hotel bill.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by genghis_sean

So help a new GM out.  I hosted four 3-hour games that could take six players each, thinking that would get me my badge.  I figured 6 players x 3 hours = 18 x the 4 games = 72.  My games sold out and were well attended, but I did have a couple no-shows.  So did I just lose my badge reimbursement?

I collected 20 event tickets and 4 generic tickets.

Posted by marimaccadmin

Your badge reimbursement is based on max players, not your attendance. As long as you reported your attendance by turning in tickets onsite, you can apply for badge reimbursement, please do fill out that form.

I've done a FEW of these refunds already, based on tickets already counted, but since we have a lot of tickets yet to be counted, it will be several weeks before they can all be done.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con  LLC

Posted by genghis_sean

Okay, I think I understand now, though I had to read over the policy carefully.  With the example I listed above, as long as all four games took place, I should qualify for the badge because that would be 6 players x 3 hours x 4 games = 72.  No-shows only have an effect if they are to the extent that the games aren't able to be played, correct?

Posted by genghis_sean

Cool.  Got my GM-badge today and the refund for my 4-day badge.  Do we get any additional financial benefit from my how well attended our events were or for any generic tickets we submitted or is that it?  I didn't charge any additional fees for my games, but I guess if I had, I would have gotten that, right?

Posted by marimaccadmin

Hi Sean,

I'm going to strongly suggest you review the Event Host Policy in  detail, but essentially, yes, you have to charge an additional fee for your events, to receive that post show.

Event Host Policy:

https://files.gencon.com/genconeventhostpolicy.pdf

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by ukjnomore

Who do you contact if you never got refunded for being a GM?

Posted by roderick ukjnomore

ukjnomore wrote:
Who do you contact if you never got refunded for being a GM?

Send an email to: [email protected] and they'll figure it out. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.