Request: On-site payouts
Posted by cosplaydeviants

I know I'm reaching here but I would absolutely LOVE to see on-site payouts for events if tickets are reconciled early enough in the weekend. Sometimes the events we run cost several grand and it would be much easier to expand and do more if we were not floating that budget for the 60 days following the con. 

Even if Gen Con set certain requirements for this such as; Deadline for tickets, no tickets added after deadline, must pickup check on Sunday Night / Monday etc. I'd be willing to see what is possible in order to make the process easier for the sake of growing our events. 

Posted by derekguder

Unfortunately, that's not something that will happen in the near term, as in most cases we need to finish all ticket recon before issuing any payments, just in case there are any issues that need to be resolved.

It's possible there may be some change as electronic tickets become more widespread, but even then onsite payments usually require more lead-time and planning than there is time for onsite. It's more likely that we'll be able to advance the post-show payment timeline.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by alukeman

I'm super excited at the prospect of electronic ticketing bumping up the payment timeline! We are also in the "spend a ton of money to make our events happen" camp.

(I'm also excited about electronic ticketing in general!!)

Posted by cosplaydeviants derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Unfortunately, that's not something that will happen in the near term, as in most cases we need to finish all ticket recon before issuing any payments, just in case there are any issues that need to be resolved.
It's possible there may be some change as electronic tickets become more widespread, but even then onsite payments usually require more lead-time and planning than there is time for onsite. It's more likely that we'll be able to advance the post-show payment timeline.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Thanks for the clarification Derek. I'm all for e-ticketing for multiple reasons, but hearing it could possibly speed up payouts really solidifies my support. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.