Buying Ticket Friends and Family
Posted by pkanouse

Posted by pkanouse

A new GM at GenCon this year. I’ve seen where I can buy tickets for Friends and Family. I’d like to buy my brother a ticket Fo play in a few of the games I’m running. Does that go through the standard Event ticket purchasing or is there something special?

thanks!

Posted by funny-shaped dice pkanouse

pkanouse wrote:
A new GM at GenCon this year. I’ve seen where I can buy tickets for Friends and Family. I’d like to buy my brother a ticket Fo play in a few of the games I’m running. Does that go through the standard Event ticket purchasing or is there something special?
thanks!

It goes through the standard Even ticket purchasing process *but*, since you are the GM, you can always accept an extra player with Generics (if you are running on behalf of an Event Organizer or other game company/publisher you should check to make sure they are okay with this).  Just make sure that by doing so you don’t drag down the rest of the table.

I’m in a similar situation with my wife - I’m GM’ing 4 games this year. Since this is our only currently planned vacation together this year, the way I’ll make it work if she doesn’t get into the events through standard event registration is to add her into the game with Generics.

Posted by pkanouse

Thank you!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.