E-ticket openhouse
Posted by buffythecatslayer

It was because of edge conditions like this that I always thought TD was the wrong platform to test e-tickets last year, even with transfers enabled.  You will have to friend the rest of the group, even though the group composition may not be known until just before the event.  Or, stand outside & badge everyone in as they arrive, and don't be in the prep room if there's a latecomer.

Posted by braewe

So he can't transfer all ten tickets? Even though you can BUY all ten? I mean, all ten to you.

Yes, TD allows one person to buy up all the tickets, may be the only event that does.  Worked well with paper tickets, where you could just hand them out before the event.  Doesn’t work that well in the situation described here.

Posted by braewe

No, I meant since the gm can just scan, can't person A, who cannot attend, transfer all ten tickets to person B, who WILL be attending, and then person B just has his badge+10 tickets scanned and the group, whoever they end up being, all goes in? No transferring at all, except for the initial one.

Hmm.. I don’t know if ticket transfer allows you to transfer multiple tickets to one person, never had cause to try it.  But he should, although he’d probably have to do one at a time.

Posted by mjdomask braewe

braewe wrote:
No, I meant since the gm can just scan, can't person A, who cannot attend, transfer all ten tickets to person B, who WILL be attending, and then person B just has his badge+10 tickets scanned and the group, whoever they end up being, all goes in? No transferring at all, except for the initial one.

Last year, transfers capped at 2 tickets total per person, even if the system would allow more per person at purchase. Reports say that limit is still in place. 

This follows the 1 + 1 rule that most events follow, but for which TD is an exception. And it looks like transfers don’t follow that exception. 

This isn’t an issue for like 90% of TD players. But the people for whom it is an issue tend to also be the largest patrons. 

The 2 transfer limit was at one time.  You could transfer two, then come back an hour later and do 2 more, and so on.  Don't know if it's working that way this year.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.