How many tickets do I charge?
Posted by genghis_sean

This is only my 2nd time as GM and I suffered from some confusion last year.  I've charged an extra $2/player for each of my games this year.  It's a 3-hour game, and its price is listed as $6.  Therefore, I should be collecting 3 tickets from each player whether they're registered or have generics, correct?

BGM19147470

Posted by buffythecatslayer

If they’ve purchased a ticket to your event, they paid the full price.  You collect the one $6 ticket.  

If they have generics, you collect 3.  Note that if they are using a ticket from a different event, it counts up to its face value.  So, if they have a $4 event ticket, you collect it and one generic.  If they have an $8 ticket, you take it, but they don’t get “change”.  They could also use the $8 ticket plus 2 generics to cover the cost of two people at your event.

Posted by genghis_sean buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
If they’ve purchased a ticket to your event, they paid the full price.  You collect the one $6 ticket.  
If they have generics, you collect 3.  Note that if they are using a ticket from a different event, it counts up to its face value.  So, if they have a $4 event ticket, you collect it and one generic.  If they have an $8 ticket, you take it, but they don’t get “change”.  They could also use the $8 ticket plus 2 generics to cover the cost of two people at your event.

Thanks.  That's exactly what I needed to know.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.