eTicket question
Posted by mrshiny

As I understand it, one change is that (unlike paper tickets), etickets can't be used for another event.  Also an event can have tickets sold or even oversold at the table.

Here is the specific case I've asked about but haven't gotten an answer.

1) Player buys ticket with special fee of $xx.  This is the amount over the base price that would normally go back to GM.
2) Player does not make it to event and did not get a refund in time (maybe he couldn't go at very last minute)
3) GM scans all badges, but of course can't scan that player's badge
4) Gen Con collected $xx for that GM's event and currently has that money 

Shouldn't the GM get that $xx back as if the player attended?  It wasn't the GM's fault the player didn't attend and the money is in the bank.  Gen Con really didn't do anything to earn the $xx (which is above the $2/2 hour Gen Con base fee which I'd say they did earn - after all a lot of events don't even have extra fees).

Analogous to buying a ticket for a concert and not making it.  The performer still gets their talent fee.

Looking for definitive answer.  Thanks!

Posted by grtbrt

Interesting thoughts and questions 
I didn't realize that there was a time frame for refunds -is that new or just for e-tickets ?

But even with paper tickets the GM does not get that money for a no show / non refunded ticket . It stays in Gen Cons hands 

Questions like that is one of the many reasons  our group decided  not to volunteer to do e-ticketing .  

Posted by mrshiny

For any ticket, refund must be 30 minutes before event. 

The reason paper tickets had to be turned in for GM payment is because they could be used for other events. Etickets cannot. 

Posted by grtbrt

I see, but the Gen Con philosphy is the same -if the ticket is not used/refunded not not turned in by the GM -they still do not get the credit .
Yet if (in our case ) the game shows as sold out for almost the entire con the GM cannot recruit new players .

As to refund - I assume that is for E-tickets as well . Because I know plenty of examples of attendees with paper tickets getting refunds hours(in at least 2 cases days ) after the game has been run and the attendee did not show. 

Posted by selene314

Refunds need to be done 30 minutes before the event starts, OR have proof that the event got cancelled. I assume the deadline on the latter is the end of the convention, since with paper tickets it involves getting your ticket signed by the hall's HQ and then bringing it to customer service.

I have always thought it unfair that Gen Con keeps the money from no-shows. I guess that's meant to be balanced by GMs getting the $xx from people who paid with generics or with tickets from other events.
You get credit for the number of players who show up, whether that's more or less than the number who bought event-specific tickets.

(If you do miss an event at the last minute, the really great thing to do would be give your paper ticket to the GM afterwards. No idea whether there's a time limit to scan e-tickets. Even if there's no money involved, Gen Con pays attention to attendance rates.)

Posted by mrshiny

It is supposed to be 30 minutes (or yes, if cancelled). With etickets you think that the 30 minutes would be easier to enforce because you can’t say you were stuck in line - it’s through the app.

I have also heard now you can oversell your event at the table, which is an improvement.

As our group gets thousands of dollars in ticket sales, it is confusing if indeed they can hold on to the part of the ticket that was just because it was our event when now the chain of custody of a given ticket is more easily verified. 

Posted by mrshiny

I guess that's meant to be balanced by GMs getting the $xx from people who paid with generics or with tickets from other events. 
You get credit for the number of players who show up, whether that's more or less than the number who bought event-specific tickets.

We have many cases where the spots go unfilled. In cases with empty spots, if the tickets aren’t refunded we should still get it. It really makes no sense if not.  The dollar amounts are getting high enough (as Gen Con actually encourages us to try to make up our costs by higher prices) this  really starts to become significant. 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.