Event Descriptions
Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

In the past we've prepared a short (200 character) event description and a Long (600 character) event description.
My understanding was that the short one was for use in the printed program (space considerations), and the longer one for electronic use.

With the demise of the printed program is the short one still required?  Will it be used anywhere that won't also include the longer one?

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Yes, it is still required, and the longer description is optional.

It is not currently used anywhere the longer description is not used, but having a shorter, clearer description that an attendee can use at a quick glance to see if they're interested enough to dig further can go a long way to getting people to sign up.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Normal
Small
Posted by nascragman

Thanks, Derek!

Normal
Small
Posted by rong

Would it be possible to expand the longer description to something more than 900 characters? I shortened my event description to fit the "short description" box. My "long description" would have fit in the 900 characters, but I also wanted to explain a bit about the event. I ended up going with an explanation of the event and putting the "long description" in the e-mail to players, but it would have been nice to have both available for prospective players to view.

Normal
Small
Posted by derekguder

Not at this point, and we don't want to make those descriptions too long, either.

Ultimately, if you have more to say than will fit in the long description, I suggest pointing players to another website for more details, and there is a field for that.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.