Event Descriptions
Posted by nascragman

In the past we've prepared a short (200 character) event description and a Long (600 character) event description.
My understanding was that the short one was for use in the printed program (space considerations), and the longer one for electronic use.

With the demise of the printed program is the short one still required?  Will it be used anywhere that won't also include the longer one?

Posted by derekguder

Yes, it is still required, and the longer description is optional.

It is not currently used anywhere the longer description is not used, but having a shorter, clearer description that an attendee can use at a quick glance to see if they're interested enough to dig further can go a long way to getting people to sign up.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nascragman

Thanks, Derek!

Posted by rong

Would it be possible to expand the longer description to something more than 900 characters? I shortened my event description to fit the "short description" box. My "long description" would have fit in the 900 characters, but I also wanted to explain a bit about the event. I ended up going with an explanation of the event and putting the "long description" in the e-mail to players, but it would have been nice to have both available for prospective players to view.

Posted by derekguder

Not at this point, and we don't want to make those descriptions too long, either.

Ultimately, if you have more to say than will fit in the long description, I suggest pointing players to another website for more details, and there is a field for that.

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by magepro

We are wanting to have an event that has an audience and participants and they are charged at different rates. This event happens in the same room at the same time. From my understanding, this is technically two events.  Our concern is not only how to list it, but the inclusion of enough space in the description to explain the differences as well as what it is.  The short description is over by over 35 characters. It also requires that they understand they may have audio of the session recorded and used and the legaleeze takes up space. This is required for them to know and agree to before signing up for the event.  I also realize that there is a stipulation in the GenCon legal about attendees images and audio may be used by GenCon with purchase of their badges serving as their understanding and agreement to this. However, we need a separate understanding. It's been suggested that we setup a webpage with the details, but that would not constitute a legal agreement even though a link to the details is listed as a weblink. Perhaps an added

Posted by derekguder

Looks like your message was cut off, but your description will need to fit within the short and/or long descriptions. You should be able to express the core nature of how the events are different in the short description and then put your legal language in the long description, perhaps with more detail on the nature of the event.

If you're ultimately looking for legal protection, you can't ultimately rely on just the event description, either. You'll need to get active consent from the participants, and likely use waivers for them to sign. You'll likely want to plan to distribute those on site at the event, but you can also include a link to them in the message to registered players, to try to get some of them signed before the event begins.

Either way, it sounds complex enough that you will want to email [email protected] to confirm the full details of your event.

-
Derek Guder
Gen Con LLC

Posted by christhanah274

Top 3 mẫu xe máy tay ga đẹp tốt nhất làm quà tặng bạn gái
Xe máy là một phương tiện giúp chúng ta tiết kiệm thời gian di chuyển và vừa giúp làm tôn thêm sự tự tin, cá tính của chủ sở hữu. Và còn gì tuyệt vời khi các chàng trai lựa chọn mua một mẫu xe tay ga mẫu mã thiết kế đẹp để làm quà tặng cho bạn gái của mình vào những ngày quan trọng như sinh nhật hay một dịp kỷ niệm quan trọng nào đó của cả hai. Hãy cùng khám phá top 3 mẫu xe máy tay ga đẹp tốt nhất làm quà tặng cho bạn gái dưới đây nhé! Xem thêm: https://band.us/page/76404434/

• Gợi ý xe máy Vision làm quà tặng bạn gái

Vision vốn đã quá nổi tiếng khi là thương hiệu xe máy phân khúc tay ga được yêu thích và chiếm được nhiều tình cảm từ các đối tượng khách hàng là nữ giới.
Với kiểu dáng sang trọng hợp thời, chọn xe tay Vision làm quà tặng cho bạn gái sẽ khiến nàng cảm động vì sự tinh tế, tâm lý và đặc biệt là tình cảm yêu thương mà bạn dành cho đối phương.
Thiết kế nhỏ gọn, nhưng không vì thế mà mẫu xe tay ga Vision sẽ có động cơ yếu ớt. Ngược lại, chế độ hoạt động và vận hành của mẫu xe tay ga Vision lại gây ấn tượng rất lớn bởi hoạt động trơn tru, nhẹ nhàng.
Tin chắc rằng mẫu xe tay ga Vision sẽ là lựa chọn cho món quà dành tặng người yêu, bạn gái vô cùng ý nghĩa mà các chàng chúng ta có thể tham khảo: https://mastodon.social/@quatanglegonna

• Chọn xe tay ga Lead làm quà tặng người yêu

Nhưng nếu người yêu, bạn gái của bạn lại yêu thích những mẫu xe tay ga tiện lợi, có thể chứa được nhiều đồ thì sao? Mẫu xe tay ga Lead sẽ là một gợi ý vô cùng hoàn hảo mà chúng ta có thể lựa chọn để làm món quà dành tặng bạn vào những ngày sinh nhật hay nhân dịp kỷ niệm đặc biệt của cả hai.
Vì sao nói mẫu xe tay ga Lead sẽ là món quà tặng thiết thực dành tặng bạn gái, chính bởi sự tiện lợi mà nó đem lại là cực kỳ ấn tượng.
Với thiết kế động cơ mạnh mẽ cùng ngăn chứa đồ có dung tích cực kỳ lớn sẽ đáp ứng ứng nhu cầu cần chứa nhiều đồ dùng của bạn nữ.
Vì vậy đây sẽ là mẫu xe tay ga đẹp tốt nhất mà chúng ta có thể lựa chọn làm quà tặng bạn gái, hay người yêu.
Xem thêm: https://getpocket.com/@quatanglegonna

• Xe AirBlade - Món quà tặng bạn gái cực ý nghĩa

Còn gì tuyệt vời hơn khi chúng ta lựa chọn mẫu xe tay ga AirBlade để làm món quà tặng bạn gái. Nó sẽ đem lại lại sự sang trọng, đẳng cấp, khiến nàng thêm tự tin hơn.
Đây là một ý tưởng quà tặng bạn gái vào những dịp đặc biệt rất đáng để các chàng tri chúng ta tham khảo lựa chọn đấy nhé!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.