When can I expect to find out if an event has been approved?
Posted by abaff410

I’ve submitted a seminar, and I did so very early after submissions opened. This is my first time submitting an even to Gencon and I’m wondering when the staff starts deciding which events are accepted/rejected and when we will find out. Thanks!

Posted by buffythecatslayer

You should have been given an event ID when you submitted.  You can go back & check that event and view its status.  It will either be Submitted for Review or Approved (or Rejected, but in that case, you should have been notified).  Also, I think they'll email you when the event is approved.

Posted by nscott

Seminars might be different, but as someone who submits 2-3 games each year, here is my experience. 3-4 weeks before the catalog is released I expect to see my event status moved from submitted to reviewed. In the week before the event catalog is released I expect to see them changed from reviewed to accepted. So I wouldn’t worry about anything before April. 

Posted by catwhowalks99

I was just wondering the same thing. Thank you for asking, and thank you to those who answered!

Posted by kidlidar

This may be a little off topic, but close enough that I didn't want to start a new thread.  I was curious if the virus related shutdown is effecting the usual timeline of event approval.  I know that events don't usually pass through the process until April, but I didn't know how much of the company can telecommute etc.  Here in MD anything that isn't a grocery store, pharmacy, bank, or gas station has to shut down or telework from home.

Posted by rong

All my events (submitted day one) were accepted for consideration today.

Posted by kidlidar

Still sitting on 2 LARPs at submitted for review.  Didn't know if I should stop working on them, it usually takes me about 5 months of working 2 hrs a day to complete them.  Funny thing is I have a tabletop RPG event that was accepted for consideration about 2 weeks ago (best guess)

Posted by brotherbock

Keep working on 'em. I mean, unless you're insane and submitted something like a Children's GWAR LARP or something. If there are issues with normal sane games, they can almost certainly be resolved.

Posted by buffythecatslayer brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
Children's GWAR LARP or something.

They should do that on the LOS field & sell tickets. :-)

Posted by a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? buffythecatslayer

buffythecatslayer wrote:
brotherbock wrote:

do kind of want to see the event description for that one, ...

Posted by kidlidar

Nope no GWAR LARP.  It's a star wars larp.  4th year in a row...I even have several repeat customers who email me with characters in advance.

Posted by buffythecatslayer kidlidar

kidlidar wrote:
Nope no GWAR LARP.  It's a star wars larp.  4th year in a row...I even have several repeat customers who email me with characters in advance.

Posted by brotherbock a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn?

a dark rider on a pale ... unicorn? wrote:
buffythecatslayer wrote:
brotherbock wrote:

do kind of want to see the event description for that one, ...

Escape from the Moose Lodge, a Gwar Children's LARP:

The Insidious Skulhedface is back on Earth after the Obliteration of Flab Quarv 7. After trapping the remaining population inside a Moose Lodge, she has stolen all the world's toilet paper, hiding it all in her Antarctic lair. The Earth's last champion, Beefcake the Mighty, is putting together a team of Kinderkommandos to stop Skulhedface once and for all. This event will feature Lovecraftian face-painting, a chance for kids to make their own latex and foam Gwar costume, and a heavy metal karaoke stage. Please bring a poncho or other rain gear. Come join in the fun--watch for penguin attacks!

Posted by jeffreestar

[This post has been removed]

Posted by emmausa

Posted by adamusa

New Post Sign in to write a new post.