When do we reach out to players?
Posted by jevertt

Is there a recommended T-Days, when we should message them and provide platform links?

Since players a swap events around, maybe doing it too early is a bad idea?

Posted by derekguder

Tickets can be returned up until 30 minutes before an event begins, so we recommend sending the link to specific sessions at that point.

If there are other things you need to communicate about with your players, you can do that, too, but ideally you already included those instructions in your Message to Registered players, so you shouldn't need to send more messages.

Basically, try to keep messages sent to players to a minimum and focused entirely on getting that particular game up and running.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by tuachus

Thanks for the input. I can't send any messages to registered players because my events are not showing up in my schedule. What should I do?

Posted by derekguder

The account you are logged into needs to be listed as the GM. Have searched for the event in the registration system and viewed the details there? Are you listed as the GM? Do you see the "Messages" tab above the event details?

If not, emailed [email protected] with the event IDs and your account ID (at the top right next to your name) so we can double-check the right accounts are associated with the event.

-
Derek Guder
Senior Event & Program Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.