Curated List of Event Organizers
Posted by darklegacy

Hello!

How do we know if we are on the list of event organizers that are allowed to run events at GenCon 2021 in person? I don't want to email or bother the team with a bunch of emails from individuals asking if there is a published list or a way to tell automatically.

Thank you for any information!

Posted by derekguder

Our initial list is built from groups that were large enough to manage their own space in previous years and that we have received confirmation from that they would like to submit events for this year.

If you want to run events, please email [email protected] with your full details: what group or company you represent, how many tables of games you can run over the weekend, which account needs access to event submission, and any additional details about changes you intend to make to your events this year to accommodate the circumstances.

Thanks,

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by boardcrunch derekguder

derekguder wrote:
Our initial list is built from groups that were large enough to manage their own space in previous years and that we have received confirmation from that they would like to submit events for this year.
If you want to run events, please email [email protected] with your full details: what group or company you represent, how many tables of games you can run over the weekend, which account needs access to event submission, and any additional details about changes you intend to make to your events this year to accommodate the circumstances.
Thanks,
-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

So the list has already been curated? I assume if we did not receive a communication that we are not on that list?

Posted by derekguder

We've sent an email out to everyone asking them to confirm their plans, but if you haven't received a notice and want to run events, please reach out so we can confirm. Plenty of folks have had email issues, so it's always better to double-check.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by toxic_rat

For those of you who didn't get an invite, we are putting together a list of GM's and events, so that we can apply to be an approved Event Organizer.  The idea is to help those who only run a few events join under a single organizer.  Send me a message if you would like to join us.

Posted by boardcrunch derekguder

derekguder wrote:
We've sent an email out to everyone asking them to confirm their plans, but if you haven't received a notice and want to run events, please reach out so we can confirm. Plenty of folks have had email issues, so it's always better to double-check.
-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

OK I sent out an email to 'events' confirming if we are on the list. We are willing to run events again, just need confirmation and access to the dashboard.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.