EO/GM Email: Post-Con Recon
Posted by derekguder

Post-Convention Reconciliation
Over the next few weeks, we will be reconciling the tickets and events that were not addressed onsite, so you will likely receive email updates and tickets are scanned in. This will continue into September and once it is complete, we will process refunds and issue ticket payments.

If you have any questions or concerns with that process, please let us know. Make sure to double-check final ticket and attendance counts once the process is complete.

Remember: space in future years is determined in large part by historical attendance determined by event tickets.

Tickets Must Be Received by Monday, August 22
If you still have any tickets for your events, they must be received in our offices within 2 weeks of the convention, which means Monday, August 22.

Details are in the Event Host Policy, but you can mail them to us at:

Gen Con
ATTN: Derek Guder
120 Lakeside Avenue, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98122

Make sure that all tickets are separated into individual and properly labeled envelopes. All tickets should be sorted based on the event they were used for. Make sure to double-check your envelopes before sending them off to ensure there are no problems during reconciliations.

Reimbursements Also Due Monday, August 22
Any requests for badge or hotel reimbursements are also due within 2 weeks of the convention.

If you did not receive a GM badge before the show and need a refund for your attendee badge, make sure to email your account details and event IDs to specifically request for reimbursement.

For hotel reimbursement, you must also include a copy of your hotel bill with your name printed on it by the hotel, and must have been booked within our housing block. Companies and sponsored gaming groups are not eligible for reimbursement, only independent GMs and gaming groups are.

Details on reimbursement as also found in the Event Host Policy. Refer there for full details.

Posted by watchdog

Staff at GM HQ was great again this year.  They made sure I provided all the info I needed for hotel reimbursement.

Posted by derekguder

Glad to hear it :) We've got a great team of volunteers.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by garhkal

Since there seemed to be a lot of issues this year, with those who were getting DM badges, still seeing their regular badge show up, and having to go to the GMHQ to get them turned in, to get refunded later..  Any idea when that might kick in?

Posted by derekguder

A lot of issues? Not sure what you're referring to, honestly. Ticket recon will be delay a bit due to some misprinting of bar codes, but there weren't a bunch of other problems - at least not that anyone has told me.

Specifically, folks who dropped their attendee badge off at GM HQ for a refund are fine. They should already have a GM badge in their account so refunds for that don't wait for recon to be completed. We'll be processing those shortly.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by garhkal derekguder

derekguder wrote:
A lot of issues? Not sure what you're referring to, honestly. Ticket recon will be delay a bit due to some misprinting of bar codes, but there weren't a bunch of other problems - at least not that anyone has told me.
Specifically, folks who dropped their attendee badge off at GM HQ for a refund are fine. They should already have a GM badge in their account so refunds for that don't wait for recon to be completed. We'll be processing those shortly.
-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Just wondering.  I saw quite a few people on Wednesday when i got my stuff..

Posted by derekguder

At GM HQ? Lots of folks need to pick up their badges, too. It's always crazy busy on Wednesday, but our staff got through it pretty quick.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by garhkal

So any idea when we might see those refunds kick in?

Posted by derekguder

"We'll be processing those shortly."

Soon. We're going through stuff from the show now.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by garhkal

Just saw mine post... Thanks!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.