Independent GM Looking for location assignment
Posted by cmegus

Hello. I am running a few board games as an independent GM. My events show a blank location.

My question is - when does my event get a location assignment? It would be nice to know how far I am away from my next event(s).

Thanks.

G

Posted by austicke

From the last EO newsletter:

"Event Locations Confirmed After Event Registration 
"You may notice that some events (especially games) will not have their locations listed by event catalog release on May 1. Locations will be continually added over the next few weeks and confirmed shortly after the opening of event registration. Continue to monitor your events as Gen Con approaches and review what adjustments you may want to make for events that sold out or didn't sell as much as you would have liked. If you need to make any adjustments to your events or overall event space, email [email protected] as soon as possible so we may apply those changes before they become a larger issue."

Posted by nascragman

I hope that means the locations are still fluid.  I'm not at all happy with where we've been put this year.

Posted by buffythecatslayer nascragman

nascragman wrote:I hope that means the locations are still fluid.  I'm not at all happy with where we've been put this year.

Once you've been assigned a location, will they even change it unless you request it (and even then)?

As far as late location assignments, I remember in 2019, some of my events not having locations until late June or even July, but these might have been events that had been added after May.  Typically, it seems like the independent GMs get their locations later, as they see what's still available, then "fill in the blanks." 

New Post Sign in to write a new post.