Buying 10 Tickets for An Event
Posted by experimentalgamer

I received this inquiry from a customer and I'm not sure how to help them.  

"I'm interested in booking an entire escape room for our group through GenCon event reg (All 10 tickets at once). But it only lets me select a ticket for myself +1. Is there any chance you could open it up to being able to select all tickets during registration?"

Is there anything I can do or what is their best solution?

Posted by notavailableeither

Make everyone you want to buy tickets for your friend.  Once they accept the friend request you will be able to buy tickets for them all.  Make sure to select the checkbox for below the list of names stating if you can’t get tickets for everyone, you don’t want any.  Otherwise you may end up with fewer than you wanted.

Click your avatar and select My Friends & Family.  Click the Add a Friend button and follow the instructions to send the friend request.

Posted by experimentalgamer notavailableeither

notavailableeither wrote:
Make everyone you want to buy tickets for your friend.  Once they accept the friend request you will be able to buy tickets for them all.  Make sure to select the checkbox for below the list of names stating if you can’t get tickets for everyone, you don’t want any.  Otherwise you may end up with fewer than you wanted.
Click your avatar and select My Friends & Family.  Click the Add a Friend button and follow the instructions to send the friend request.

That's the only thing I could think of.  But just wanted to be sure since I would like to help this person buy a lot of tickets.  I guess you can buy a +1 but no more than that without friends then?

Posted by mikeboozer experimentalgamer

experimentalgamer wrote:
notavailableeither wrote:

That's the only thing I could think of.  But just wanted to be sure since I would like to help this person buy a lot of tickets.  I guess you can buy a +1 but no more than that without friends then?

Yes, you can only buy +1 tickets for "yourself". You would need to have the people on your friends list to buy tickets for everyone as indicated.

Mike

Posted by derekguder

As an event organizer, you can also request that we adjust the number of tickets that a single user can purchase under their own name, but considering how easy it is to set up accounts as friends to buy the required number of tickets, we don't recommend it unless it's necessary.

True Dungeon does it. D&D used to do it back in the RPGA days. But as folks have gotten used to the friend system, it's become a pretty rare exception.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.