Self-pay GM Hotel Block?
Posted by taszerl

I see that the GM block submission has passed. have the emails gone out yet? I am a self-pay. any news or general info would be great.

Posted by derekguder

They have not. GM hotels are processed later in June, so notices will go out then - we need a fair bit of time from when requests are due to when final assignments are made.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by taszerl derekguder

derekguder wrote:
They have not. GM hotels are processed later in June, so notices will go out then - we need a fair bit of time from when requests are due to when final assignments are made.
-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC
I appreciate the reply. Just excited. I will wait patiently... Thank you 

Posted by blazecoyote

[This post has been removed]

Posted by niko0508

[This post has been removed]

Posted by taszerl

This is getting bad. One month out and still no self pay rooms?

Posted by quarex

There was just chat on the Discord about those assignments being made this week at least! 

Posted by derekguder taszerl

taszerl wrote:

Notifications are going out now, and this is about the same timeline it operated on in previous years.

The self-pay block is block is the last one processed so we can maximize the number of rooms we can include in it before final cut-off and it always intended as a backup in case someone wasn't able to get anything during general housing registration, not the primary way for GMs to secure rooms.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Posted by taszerl derekguder

derekguder wrote:
taszerl wrote:

Notifications are going out now, and this is about the same timeline it operated on in previous years.The self-pay block is block is the last one processed so we can maximize the number of rooms we can include in it before final cut-off and it always intended as a backup in case someone wasn't able to get anything during general housing registration, not the primary way for GMs to secure rooms.
-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

Ok. Sorry to be a bother. Looking forward to hopefully hearing something soon. Just excited and nervous about currently being 4 miles out and needing to get a ride at odd hours. Please excuse my tone. Y'all do a great job 

Posted by mpetke derekguder

derekguder wrote:
taszerl wrote:

Notifications are going out now, and this is about the same timeline it operated on in previous years.The self-pay block is block is the last one processed so we can maximize the number of rooms we can include in it before final cut-off and it always intended as a backup in case someone wasn't able to get anything during general housing registration, not the primary way for GMs to secure rooms.
-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

This is news to me. I ran events for the first time last year, and did just about everything wrong. One piece of advice I was given for this year was to request rooms through the GM block, but now it seems like that was incorrect. I have been denied rooms, and have nothing to fall back on for my team and I. It seems like event organizers and game masters should have priority for lodging (especially downtown). Anyone have thoughts on what the heck to do now?

Posted by larkfellon mpetke

mpetke wrote:
derekguder wrote:
taszerl wrote:

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC
This is news to me. I ran events for the first time last year, and did just about everything wrong. One piece of advice I was given for this year was to request rooms through the GM block, but now it seems like that was incorrect. I have been denied rooms, and have nothing to fall back on for my team and I. It seems like event organizers and game masters should have priority for lodging (especially downtown). Anyone have thoughts on what the heck to do now?
Did you receive an email with the denial?

Posted by derekguder mpetke

mpetke wrote:This is news to me. I ran events for the first time last year, and did just about everything wrong. One piece of advice I was given for this year was to request rooms through the GM block, but now it seems like that was incorrect. I have been denied rooms, and have nothing to fall back on for my team and I. It seems like event organizers and game masters should have priority for lodging (especially downtown). Anyone have thoughts on what the heck to do now?

They are given priority, but inventory is limited and demand is high. We accommodate what we can, and if you were denied we either did not have the capacity to accommodate, possibly due to the volume of events you may have submitted. Without details, I can't provide more guidance. If you want to email [email protected] we can go into more detail.

The Event Host Policy is clear on how GM housing works, however, including how it is intended to be a backup and is never guaranteed until a booking confirmation is actually sent. Please make sure to review that ever year, as it covers almost everything you might possibly need to know when planning or running an event.

At this stage, you will want to look for any last-minute cancelations in the housing block or book outside of it.

-
Derek Guder
Director of Events
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.