Groups and Independent
Posted by primordial fire

I am planning on submitting games through both a gaming group  and independently. We submit our games to the group leader and they organize where everything goes at the convention.

My question, I am still looking for a badge reimbursement. Say I run two games under the group banner (48 player hours) and one under my own as independent (24 player hours) the total still allows for a reimbursement. Does the system know that i'm the one running them? When I go to ask for a reimbursement should I just identify which games I am signed up for? Not submitting them through the site seems to make the situation more complicated. 

Posted by derekguder

Two main points:

1. If you run events for a group or company, they get full credit for your event, full stop. That means that they get your player-hours and priority points, as applicable.

2. Very little of this process is automated, so the "system" doesn't track that you're running certain games and  group it together. It's all processed by hand through Excel forms and pivot tables, basically.

So in your particular case, you would not be eligible for badge reimbursement as an independent GM. I would strongly suggest either submitting all of your events under your own name or all of them under the gaming group's umbrella.

One additional note: do not submit events for a group unless you are the event organizer for that group. Only one person should be submitting events for a given group, not the individual GMs.

Does that answer your questions?

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by primordial fire

100% Thank you for clearing that up. 

Posted by derekguder

No problem. If anything else comes up, just lemme know.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.