5-8 player group celebrating two 40th b-days looking for RPG
Posted by lord elderon

Hail and well met ladies and gents,

We are a big group, most of us coming from Miami, coming to Indy for the first time as spectators. Many of us were a part of a software company and attended GenCon for several years as exhibitors; however, this year is different. Two of us, me included, are celebrating our 40th birthdays and taking a boys / gaming group trip to GenCon 2016, W00T W00T!!!

We are looking for a GM who can handle a bigger group of gamers who have been gaming togehter for 20+ years. We would ideally like to sign up for 2, maybe 3-4 events depending on what they are. Currently we spend a lot of time playing Pathfinder and Star Wars, Edge of the Empire. Ideally we could create our own characters between the 9-13 levels(ish).

Peace and thanks,

Nick (Lord Elderon)

Posted by dblade

Awesome. I wish I could help you but I don't run Pathfinder or Star Wars games. I do enjoy running games for tight gamer groups since everyone is comfortable with each other and makes character interaction easier. Good luck.

Posted by lord elderon dblade

dblade wrote:
Awesome. I wish I could help you but I don't run Pathfinder or Star Wars games. I do enjoy running games for tight gamer groups since everyone is comfortable with each other and makes character interaction easier. Good luck.
What games do you run dblade? We are a pretty versatile bunch and would be willing to check out other stuff. We really want to be able to play 1-4 games together as a whole group. This would be the first time one of us wasn't the GM.

Posted by dblade

I mostly run scifi and superhero games, from Gamma World to space opera, using the Alternity game mechanics. I've recently started running games set in the Firefly setting as well. I had a gamer group that signed up for my games every year but many of them aren't attending this year so I'm sure I'll have many openings. Below are submission descriptions of the games I'm running this year. Maybe you can give one of them a try.

Return of the Kestrel
Star Force Captain Hylund and notorious smuggler Brade Moro find themselves marked for extermination as they race to uncover an alien conspiracy. Set in the StarDrive universe.

Demon Hunt
The Corrupted are being recruited by Demons and only the psionic knights of the Seraphim Order can hope to defeat this infernal threat to the Five Heavens. As the mighty Seraphim, you will wield psi swords and mind powers at the command of the Crowns of Heaven, the sovereign lords of the five planet ships that orbit the war-scorched wasteland that is Earth.

Batman Adventures: The Joker’s Wake
After the Joker is caught in a deadly explosion, Harley Quinn is determined to give her puddin a murderous sendoff that Gotham will never forget.

Firefly Adventures: Prison Break
Jayne’s brother has been snatched by the law. Do I really need to go on? Gear up and get ready to misbehave.

I will also be running a 4E Dungeons and Dragons game. Not sure if that's your cup of tea though.

Hellcrown
An infernal gem of ancient power has been retrieved by valiant heroes and now it draws them to the Moonspear Sea where the Hellcrown waits to be restored.

Posted by e4mafia

Nick, I'd be happy to run a game of Paranoia for your group if you are interested, and we can line up our schedules.

-Bob

Posted by lord elderon dblade

dblade wrote:
I mostly run scifi and superhero games, from Gamma World to space opera, using the Alternity game mechanics. I've recently started running games set in the Firefly setting as well. I had a gamer group that signed up for my games every year but many of them aren't attending this year so I'm sure I'll have many openings. Below are submission descriptions of the games I'm running this year. Maybe you can give one of them a try.
Return of the Kestrel
Star Force Captain Hylund and notorious smuggler Brade Moro find themselves marked for extermination as they race to uncover an alien conspiracy. Set in the StarDrive universe.
Demon Hunt
The Corrupted are being recruited by Demons and only the psionic knights of the Seraphim Order can hope to defeat this infernal threat to the Five Heavens. As the mighty Seraphim, you will wield psi swords and mind powers at the command of the Crowns of Heaven, the sovereign lords of the five planet ships that orbit the war-scorched wasteland that is Earth.
Batman Adventures: The Joker’s Wake
After the Joker is caught in a deadly explosion, Harley Quinn is determined to give her puddin a murderous sendoff that Gotham will never forget.
Firefly Adventures: Prison Break
Jayne’s brother has been snatched by the law. Do I really need to go on? Gear up and get ready to misbehave.
I will also be running a 4E Dungeons and Dragons game. Not sure if that's your cup of tea though.
Hellcrown
An infernal gem of ancient power has been retrieved by valiant heroes and now it draws them to the Moonspear Sea where the Hellcrown waits to be restored.

I will forward this to my group and see what everyone says. We may be open to try something new too. Do you have a favorite? We could possibly do 4E, but that left a bad taste in a few mouths in my group when all that stuff went down.

Posted by lord elderon e4mafia

e4mafia wrote:
Nick, I'd be happy to run a game of Paranoia for your group if you are interested, and we can line up our schedules.
-Bob
Thanks Bob, I will pass that along too. I have never played Paranoia.

Posted by ratgarn

Nick,
   I am probably throwing this out there late, as you have a few offers already.
I am running several rpg games for the Con. I would gladly run them after hours for your group (a few beers while we play would be a plus). I will have a Savage Worlds zombie apocalypse game, A post-apocalyptic (Gamma-World) using the West End Games d6 system (more swashbuckly!) , and a Savage Worlds spacer game.
   Also, our group will be bring our Huge Carcassone set with over 770 pieces! which will easily allow play for up to 12 players.

-Brad

Posted by sirjohn

Hey there. If you would like a sparks and or force campaign from the old style we run both of them in the Game Base 7 area. If you would like to know more please email [email protected]. I think I could possably get a judge to maybe run an event or two of that for you.

Posted by nascragman

If you want Pathfinder, you could try Nascrag.  Our main tourney is a two rounder and has 6 characters.  Our one-rounder can handle as many as 8 and the proceeds are given to charity.  Our events stress roleplaying over roll-playing and tend to feature humor and puzzles.

Posted by brotherbock nascragman

nascragman wrote:
If you want Pathfinder, you could try Nascrag.  Our main tourney is a two rounder and has 6 characters.  Our one-rounder can handle as many as 8 and the proceeds are given to charity.  Our events stress roleplaying over roll-playing and tend to feature humor and puzzles.

+1 for NASCRAG :)

Posted by mavryk76

I host a 5E game that is heavily based in roleplay and is especially fun for groups of friends that already know eachother. I've been running it for three years at a variety of venues and have never seen the same ending twice. If you've never played 5E dont worry - I've used this game to teach it to a group of teens that have never played an RPG. The sweet spot for this game is 7-8 characters and i have a 9th seat available (NPC that has enough value to add as a PC). Here's the convention description:

Of Drow Origin
Matron Mother has learned that something of Drow origin is located in a human dwelling and sends her trusted daughters to attend to the matter. This story-based scenario favors role play over combat (there is plenty of opportunity for that as well) and is only enhanced by groups of people that know each other well. Pregenerated characters fit for the scenario are provided.

While i only intended to run this once on Sunday, I'm going to be in town on Wednesday and may be able to make some arrangements. Send me an email if interested: [email protected]

Posted by lord elderon ratgarn

ratgarn wrote:
Nick,
   I am probably throwing this out there late, as you have a few offers already.
I am running several rpg games for the Con. I would gladly run them after hours for your group (a few beers while we play would be a plus). I will have a Savage Worlds zombie apocalypse game, A post-apocalyptic (Gamma-World) using the West End Games d6 system (more swashbuckly!) , and a Savage Worlds spacer game.
   Also, our group will be bring our Huge Carcassone set with over 770 pieces! which will easily allow play for up to 12 players.
-Brad
Awesome and thanks for the response. We are closing in, only 90 days left!!! Getting my "crew" or entourage to get on the same page is quite annoying and seeming to be more difficult than expected. Hopefully I will be in touch. The after-hours things may be cool or may be difficult. We rented a house about 20 minutes out of town to spend most of our after-hours gaming with each other. ;)

Posted by lord elderon nascragman

nascragman wrote:
Thanks!

Posted by lord elderon mavryk76

mavryk76 wrote:
I host a 5E game that is heavily based in roleplay and is especially fun for groups of friends that already know eachother. I've been running it for three years at a variety of venues and have never seen the same ending twice. If you've never played 5E dont worry - I've used this game to teach it to a group of teens that have never played an RPG. The sweet spot for this game is 7-8 characters and i have a 9th seat available (NPC that has enough value to add as a PC). Here's the convention description:
Of Drow Origin
Matron Mother has learned that something of Drow origin is located in a human dwelling and sends her trusted daughters to attend to the matter. This story-based scenario favors role play over combat (there is plenty of opportunity for that as well) and is only enhanced by groups of people that know each other well. Pregenerated characters fit for the scenario are provided.
While i only intended to run this once on Sunday, I'm going to be in town on Wednesday and may be able to make some arrangements. Send me an email if interested: [email protected]

sending you an email. thanks

Posted by hendelbolaf

I am still waiting on getting my events approved. They are two six hour games on Thursday and Friday night so you can get other gaming going during the day.

They are Pathfinder versions of S4 The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth using Dwarven Forge cavern tiles and pre-painted miniatures. I can hold a table of six for sure but I can go up to eight players if needed and with walk-ons.

If they get approved they are RPG1694698 (Lesser Caverns) and RPG1694699 (Greater Caverns).

Good luck!

New Post Sign in to write a new post.