Minimum vs. maximum no. of players and player-hours per game
Posted by shay77

I couldn't find the answer in the Event Host Policy Guide. Is the number of player-hours an event is worth based on the minimum number of players or the maximum number? Based on events I have submitted, I could recieve a reimbursement for my badge if the number of player-hours is based on max players, but not if it's based on min. players.

Thanks!

Posted by parody

It's based on the maximum players.

Posted by derekguder

From the Event Host Policy:

Each event generates a number of player-hours equal to its duration multiplied by the maximum number of players, as indicated on the event submission form.

That in the sections on how to qualify for badge and hotel reimbursement.

Minimum number of players is used only to indicate that: how many players do you need at a minimum to be able to run the event. If fewer players show up, the GM can decide if the event needs to be canceled and let the local HQ know so players can get refunds, as needed.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by kidlidar

Similar question, but slightly different.  I'm running 2 40 player LARPs that I'm going to need multiple GM's for.  How would the badge reembursment work for that?  I'm new to running events at gen con, and didn't see anything in the Host policy that covers LARPS.

Thanks in Advance,

Marshall Grunwell

Posted by derekguder

There are no special exceptions for LARPs (or any other events, by broad category).

An event generated player-hours. If you want a badge, you need 70 player-hours worth of events.

If you have multiple GMs that you want to cover a badge for, you'll need at least 70 player-hours for each one.

You'll want to refer to the Badges section (page 16) of the Event Host Policy. Specifically, How to Qualify for Complimentary GM badges and How to Request Complimentary GM badges (page 17).

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by suburbaknght

If these larps are 4 hours each (typical) they generate 320 player horus (2 larps x 40 players x 4 hours), or enough for 4 GMs.

Posted by kidlidar

Thanks.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.