Advice on Staging a Play
Posted by blueluck

A friend of mine wrote and produced a play about the life of Gary Gygax last year. It was quite good, and he's interested in staging it at GenCon next year. I'm looking for advice about the event hosting process. I'm fairly familiar with RPG, larp, and tournament events at GenCon, but a play is totally outside of my EO experience. 

What's the best way to get started?
Who should I contact?
How do I go about requesting a space that will work for a play? (It doesn't have to be in a theater, per se.)

Any guidance is appreciated!

Posted by austicke

You should get starting by clicking on the Host menu above. You should find the Event Host Policy and other articles helpful. Good luck!

Posted by blueluck

Thanks for directing me to that! I looked there not long ago and, due to my own technical difficulties or incompetence, I only got the first page of the 30 page policy, which wasn't very helpful.

Posted by marimaccadmin

After you review the Event Host Policy, you can email [email protected] with a more fleshed out idea of what you'd need to run the event, and we can discuss it.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by nikki

A group ran a play this year called "She Kills Monsters."  There's a thread about it in the forum.  You might want to contact them and ask what they did, what worked and didn't work, etc.  We had a great time watching it.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.