Looking for a few more GMs
Posted by mag130

Hey there. I'm finishing up my events and I find myself in need of a few more GMs to finish filling out the schedule.

MAMS Gaming has been around since 2012, running high demand RPGs that needed more events. Our goal is to provide high quality games experience to players, and we have been having a great time doing it.

Our demands on our GMs are simple:

1. We ask them to run enough games to qualify for the GM Badge (usually 3 events @ 6 players & 4 hours each).
  2. Preferably a game that is in high demand (so not Pathfinder or D&D5e)
  3. You come prepared and on time for the slot you asked for.
  4. You give your players the best event experience you can!

You pick the RPG you want to run, write your own material, run during the time you want (in this case we have about 12 event slots still available).

In exchange, we do the following:

1. We submit your event (so we review it, tighten it up, and add it to our roster of events)
  2. We request a GM Badge for you (which at 70 player hours means reimbursement of your attendee badge)
  3. We can help you develop your game as your write it if you have a hiccup in the creative juices
  4. RPG supplies like dice, tokens, paper, pencils, etc. we stage in the room so you don't have to haul it around
  5. If you forget something, we have a computer and laptop to run it off nearby (but we need a heads up)
  6. You're surrounded by your fellow MAMS GMs who are there to support YOU TOO!

If you have ever thought about running, we do also mentor before and after the convention to see how we can help. We have done this for a few years and some of our best GMs joined us that way.

If you're interested, check out our webpage for GenCon50 and drop me a line. If you are just looking to pick the brain of someone who has been doing this for a while, I'm open to chatting as well to give some suggestions too.

Mike Goldrich
Event Organizer
MAMS Gaming
[email protected]

Posted by kelek

Are you still looking for a GM.  I pretty much run 3.5 D&D.  Hoping this is a approved gaming source for this event.  Looking forward to your reply.  Did send a email as well.

Posted by mixtown

Preferably a game that is in high demand (so not Pathfinder or D&D5e) 
did you mean a game that "is not" 
5e is one of the highest demands based on a list sent out by the mod.

If you want a 5e DM let me know.

Posted by triad1 mixtown

mixtown wrote:
Preferably a game that is in high demand (so not Pathfinder or D&D5e) 
did you mean a game that "is not" 
5e is one of the highest demands based on a list sent out by the mod.
If you want a 5e DM let me know.
Ya.  I found that statement odd as well.  D&D5th is in top demand as far as I've seen; nothing to the contrary at the last Gen Con.  Odd.

Posted by mag130

Thanks for reaching out. I can understand your confusion.

We are looking not just at high demand but a combination of high demand and low supply. Reviewing the events from 2016, there were 100+ D&D5e events, many of which had seats left. With organized play groups such as Greyhawk Reborn and Arcanis who actively run events in this system, the demand seems to have been met.

If you're looking to GM in 5e, I would recommend reaching out to one of the 5e groups. We do have a small number of 5e events, but the niche we fill is other RPGs that have not been fortunate enough to see the same level of supply provided by companies and independent GMs.

Mike Goldrich
Event Organizer
MAMS Gaming
[email protected]

Posted by shimizu69

If your interested in a GM I'm interested.  I would like to run an Aces & Eights game, StarTrek RPG, 5e Modern game and many other games. If you have an idea of a game you want to have represented then let me know. Thanks in advance.

Posted by mag130 shimizu69

shimizu69 wrote:
If your interested in a GM I'm interested.  I would like to run an Aces & Eights game, StarTrek RPG, 5e Modern game and many other games. If you have an idea of a game you want to have represented then let me know. Thanks in advance.

Howdy,

Sorry for the long delay, I was on vacation then been catching up on emails.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] to discuss.

Posted by teral mag130

This may seem crazy but would you be interested in a 4e D&D DM?

Posted by mag130 teral

teral wrote:
This may seem crazy but would you be interested in a 4e D&D DM?

It looks like last year demand was met. There were 12 events and some didn't sell out. However, I'm always eager for good story, and there is obviously a desire among attendees to play 4e.

Drop me a line and we can discuss! [email protected]

Posted by adamrothcg

I know FFG Star Wars is often in demand. I regularly run this system (Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny). 

If you're interested let me know: [email protected]

Posted by zbickett

I'd be interested in running a FFG Star Wars game as well. I'd also be interested in running something from FFGs End of the World series with pre-gen characters.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.