Disappearing email address?
Posted by noone

for the last two years I've noticed a bug.  I submit events and everything is filled out.  I review the events and my email for contact is still there.  And then sometime after being accepted for concedration the email disappears.  Last year only one event I ran had my email and this year 6 of the 9 events had the email address disappear.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted by derekguder

You sent several emails about it and based on your events, I suspect you're mixing up how GMs are displayed with the email address for more information.

You use someone's email to link them as the GM for an event - it links to their account. That email is not publicly displayed at any point, though, only the event organizer can see it when they are reviewing events.

If you want to post an email address for folks to use if they have any questions, there is a separate field for that: Email for Info.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by noone

In the 9 events I submitted only the one has the email listed in my eo/gm dash board has the email list on email address for more info.  The other 8 are blank but I know I had checked them within the last two weeks and at that time the email was still there in all of them.  If it's not a problem then forget about it

Posted by derekguder

You can check the event histories to see if it was removed from any events, but otherwise it was presumably not entered upon submission.

You can make sure you include general information like that for all your events if you duplicate your events and only change pertinent details as needed.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.