Travel time, NSDM to JW
Posted by rvhguy

Hey, guys --

I'm running games for the first time this year, and I'm trying to decide if I am cutting things too close. I am running a game in the JW at 8 PM on Saturday, and I /want/ to do National Security Decision Making before that. NSDM runs until 8 PM at the Embassy Suites.

There's always a little flex/travel time between games; in previous years, I've been able to get from one game to another fine, but that's as a player. As a GM, I need a little more lead time. I've also never been to the Embassy Suites before, and from the map it seems like a long way from the JW -- though I could Uber from Embassy Suites to the JW, too, if I needed to.

Is that realistic? How early would I need to duck out of NSDM? (They tend to end a little early in general for a debrief.) 

Posted by derekguder

I would figure you'll need at least 5-10 minutes to get to the JW, so it'll be tight and you'll have no time to check in or prepare at the JW before your game starts, so I wouldn't recommend it, really, but if you inform the NSDM GM that you need to split at 7:45, you can probably do it.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by rvhguy

In the four hour games, NSDM has ended about 30 minutes early to do their debrief. Maybe I will ask the NSDM coordinators if that's true for the 6 hour game also.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.