Physical Event Waivers
Posted by suburbaknght

Are these available for download yet, and if so, where?

Posted by derekguder

They are here, on the Host page.

We try to link everything from there, so if you're looking for something, check there and if you can't find it, let us know so we can add it.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by suburbaknght

Thanks, Derek.  Looking back I wasn't clear with what I was asking.  I'm looking for the waiver EO's need to submit that also lists all of our physical events.  I'm not seeing that on the page.

Posted by garhkal

Are these for those sword play like areas, so people have to sign it before getting in so if they get injured 'gencon's wavered'??

Posted by derekguder

They're for any event that involves physical activity - anything where someone could slip and injure themselves. It does include the boffer combat areas, but also stuff like yoga or fitness classes, too.

Basically, if players are doing anything more than sitting at a table or walking around at a normal speed, a physical waiver should probably be required of participants.

If you're running an event you're not sure about, just email us and give us the details and we can go over it.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by vazza

So for events that involve the Waiver we will turn them in when we turn in the Event tickets? (Early and Often I know) 

Posted by balegan

Thanks for starting this thread. I was wondering the same questions. Any followup from the last question about turning in the waivers with event tickets?

Posted by marimaccadmin

The waivers that you as the Event Organizer turn in, should be done so before your first event.  That's the one you and any of your teachers have to sign. The ones from your attendees, you can turn in after your event, or as soon as is convenient after your event.  Thanks.

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

New Post Sign in to write a new post.