Survivor; Second Chance
Posted by patriotx

Gauging interest for a game that is based off the popular TV show. Players will have tribes, alliances solve puzzles, win games, tribal councils and seek immunity idols. It is an eight hour event on Friday August 5.

Posted by derekguder

There is at least one LARP built on the idea, I believe.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by patriotx

Yes, I believe you're referring to my event...or is there another?

Posted by derekguder

Quite likely - when you said you were gauging interest, it sounded like you were thinking of running a new event :)

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by coconutjones317

Hi patriotx, I am definitely interested in this event.  However, your "gauging interest" comment has me mildly concerned.  Is this more of an idea that you have or has this been fully fleshed out and tested?  It sounds very cool, but I'd hate to be a guinea pig for 8 hours if it doesn't go as smoothly as you're imagining. 

Posted by patriotx

Thanks for the response. Actually, the "gauging interest" post represents the exact opposite of your concern. The post is to find out if their are players out there still interested in such an event, because we have put so much work into this and will be putting so much more into this. I don't slap together games to run. I work very hard to put together well planned and thought out events. I too don't want to commit 8 hours to something if there isn't an audience for it at GenCon. Feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.

Thanks

Posted by rbree

Best bet to get people interested in you event would be to post something in the Event's forum rather than here.   Maybe a description and a litlle bit about how it came together.   Your more likely to find players looking for games there than in here.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.