Family Day RPGs
Posted by belgath

I had submitted events for Sunday Family day Runequest 6 Classic Fantasy Spulament. My idea was to have two or three, 1.5-2 hour sessions where Kidds or teen avers could make there  own character and have a short Adventure. It was rejected but I was not told why. Are Sundays too busy? Or is character creation not very popular? 

Posted by derekguder

If you have questions about specific event submissions, it is better to email directly to [email protected] so we can look at the details.

It sounds like your events might have been rejected for a few reasons, none of which have to do with Sunday, per se.

• You submitted too many Runequest events in general - your schedule far exceeded historical levels and should be cut back.
  • We don't allow simple character creation sessions, with some very rare exceptions. We certainly don't allow them for games that don't have both a dedicated event space and a demonstrated audience both large enough and interested enough to support them.

Chances are you will just want to revise your events to be more clearly about providing kids & teens some games on Sunday, and make them more about playing than character creation.

-
Derek Guder
Event Manager
Gen Con LLC

Posted by belgath

I will adjust as recommended. Thanks very much for your quick reply. And I am excited to see a decent number of RuneQuest games this year. I didn't get to play last year do to so fue RQ events. It must be a nightmare trying to keep things balanced.

New Post Sign in to write a new post.