New Downtown Hotel
Posted by hahnarama

I thought it would be nice to share some happy news, I am sure a LOT of people will not be happy because of the new 2022 COVID policies.

A new 231 room hotel just opened this week. It's "downtown" aka about a 10 minute wlk to the convention center

https://www.indystar.com/story/money/2022/01/05/indianapolis-canal-walk-hilton-hotel-ame-church/9092971002/

GAME ON! and I will see all of you in August 2022!

Posted by ematuskey

Great to see another Hilton property (as a Hilton member)!  I'd feel a little weird staying in the remnants of such an historical place though--but hey, 10-minute walk isn't bad!  :D 

Posted by del_grande hahnarama

hahnarama wrote:A new 231 room hotel just opened this week. It's "downtown" aka about a 10 minute wlk to the convention center

It's only 1/2 mile from the NW entrance to the Convention Center, according to Google Maps

Posted by jimdigris

With any luck, they'll put refrigerators in the rooms, unlike the Hilton closest to the ICC.

Posted by indynat

Oh, so this is what has been mucking up my commute.  It should be a quick walk depending on where the doors are and how long the lights are.  You could go straight down West St, but I would take the canal to Ohio, head over 1 block east, then walk down Senate, through the government complex, across the front of the Westin, play Frogger on Maryland, and head straight into the ICC.  You would cut out at least two lights that way.

This assumes daytime and in a group.  The canal at night is a no go.

Posted by jimmythesaint indynat

indynat wrote:This assumes daytime and in a group.  The canal at night is a no go.

Wow, thanks for the info. I didn't realize the canal walk was an issue. I have 4 teenagers with me, and I'd considered the Residence Inn on the Canal, or the new Homewood if we couldn't get a connected suite.

Posted by smarty_213 jimmythesaint

jimmythesaint wrote:
indynat wrote:This assumes daytime and in a group.  The canal at night is a no go.

Wow, thanks for the info. I didn't realize the canal walk was an issue. I have 4 teenagers with me, and I'd considered the Residence Inn on the Canal, or the new Homewood if we couldn't get a connected suite.
I stayed at the Residence Inn last year.  I didn't walk the canal at night, but I had zero problems walking back from the con at night (with my girlfriend) using West St. or walking through the Capitol complex.  I also really like that hotel in general, FYI.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.