Anyone riding Amtrak to GenCon?
Posted by aseroppgh

I'm taking the Cardinal from Charleston.,WV which goes from New York to Chicago on Wednesday and arriving Thursday early morning.   I'm leaving just after midnight early Sunday morning to headback. Like to meet new people on board.

Posted by grognard262

I'd love to take Amtrak, but sadly the train schedule is terrible and it takes twice as long as driving.

Posted by selene314

Considering it but the timing is terrible.

Posted by raptorov

If they ever get it daily, I would love to take it. I took it once for Thursday morning, but now that I volunteer, I have to be there Wednesday. My only option would be Monday arrival.
There has been talk of running three each day to and from Chicago according to Amtrak's draft plan, but sadly it feels like Ohio at least is stuck in 1960's thinking and no movement has been made on it.

Do you go to CharCon? It looked like that could be Amtrak-able from Cincinnati.

Posted by armadilloal

I would have to drive to Chicago to even get on the train, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Posted by jbship628

I live in a town actually on the Amtrak line going west, and if I wanted to take a train into Indy, it would arrive there at 2:45 AM!  What the heck would I do from 2:45 until you know, morning. lol

Posted by aseroppgh raptorov

Yes I do go to Charcon, and I'm 2 miles from the Amtrak station in Charleston. 

Posted by cinnibar jbship628

jbship628 wrote:
I live in a town actually on the Amtrak line going west, and if I wanted to take a train into Indy, it would arrive there at 2:45 AM!  What the heck would I do from 2:45 until you know, morning. lol
Find werewolves and other pick-up games after checking in and the very short will-call line!

Posted by bestblogsan

[This post has been removed]

Posted by qstor

Yeah I looked at the schedule but the times are really inconvenient

Posted by qwaserity

Trying to convince my Wisconsin relatives to come via Amtrak but they'd have a four hour plus layover in Chicago each way. Just faster and cheaper to drive unless you are travelling solo.

Posted by aseroppgh raptorov

raptorov wrote:
If they ever get it daily, I would love to take it. I took it once for Thursday morning, but now that I volunteer, I have to be there Wednesday. My only option would be Monday arrival.
There has been talk of running three each day to and from Chicago according to Amtrak's draft plan, but sadly it feels like Ohio at least is stuck in 1960's thinking and no movement has been made on it.
Do you go to CharCon? It looked like that could be Amtrak-able from Cincinnati.
CharCon is Amtrak-able from Cincy. It happened 2 weeks ago, sorry for the late reply.  It was a lot of fun, and hoping to multiply that at GenCon.  If you go to the con by Amtrak on the Cardinal 51, I hope to see you on the train since you'll be on after me.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.