Yet another airport transportation question.
Posted by primalgeek

We're staying at a downtown hotel and our flight departs Indy around 4pm on Sunday. Will we be able to get an Uber/Lyft/taxi easily on Sunday afternoon without risk of a long wait causing us to miss our flight, or are we better off booking some type of shuttle service? Any tips/suggestions are much appreciated. 

Posted by rleebyers

I haven't attended Gen Con since the start of COVID, but back, then I always found the airport shuttle service to be very reliable about picking me up at my scheduled time on Sunday. It was cheaper that Uber, Lyft, or a taxi, too.

Posted by primalgeek

Do you happen to remember the name of the shuttle company you used? Sadly, It looks like the Go Express Airport Shuttle no longer runs.

Posted by rleebyers

Sadly, I think it was the Go Express Airport Shuttle. So I guess my previous comment was irrelevant. Sorry about that.

Posted by primalgeek rleebyers

rleebyers wrote:
Sadly, I think it was the Go Express Airport Shuttle. So I guess my previous comment was irrelevant. Sorry about that.
Not a problem, thanks for trying to help.

Posted by rleebyers

I just did a little looking around online. It appears there's an airport shuttle service called SuperShuttle that, if you use the minivan option, will get you from the airport to downtown and back again for around 40 bucks, total. I didn't check, but I imagine this compares favorably to what you'd pay using Uber, Lyft, or a taxi.

Posted by primalgeek

Thanks for the tip!

Posted by rleebyers

I think I should add that possibly SuperShuttle's price goes up for Gen Con weekend? Anyway, when I went back to the site to actually book, the price ended up being around $65 (round trip.) Still, I suspect, not more than you'd pay for a taxi, Uber, or Lyft.

Posted by buffythecatslayer

Just make sure to give yourself enough time.  In the years I went (2019 & before), the security lines were not that bad, but still allow 30 mins at least.  My suggestion would be to leave the Con no later than 1:30pm for a 4pm flight.

Posted by helenbb

On the topic of security lines, I will add that TSA Pre is a life-saver. $85 for 5 years of getting to go through shorter, less invasive security lines is very valuable!

Posted by jimdigris

I got the TSA Pre just before COVID hit.  You bring proof of identity, they finger-print you, and do a background check.  The entire process took me 15 minutes at most.

Posted by cinnibar jimdigris

jimdigris wrote:
I got the TSA Pre just before COVID hit.  You bring proof of identity, they finger-print you, and do a background check.  The entire process took me 15 minutes at most.
It will take a while for all the process to complete, though yes, your own involvement isn't much with the fingerprints, etc.  Folks should not expect government processes to be very quick but they do get done eventually.

A quick google suggests within 10 days, though may be up to 90 days.  Eeek!

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.