Is GenCon Over-Crowded w/ Massive Long Lines for Everything?
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5
Posted by aldctjoc garhkal

I'd say it's certainly much longer than 10 minutes myself. But honestly, I don't feel like it's that bad. Seriously, folks will walk way farther back and forth inside the ICC than that distance. 

As as far as sidewalk quality: Presuming no construction starts up between now and the con, it should be just fine. I'd honestly say that crowding will be a bigger issue for a mobility scooter than the sidewalks itself.

Posted by divachelle garhkal

garhkal wrote:
Looks to me a lot more than just 10m walk..  I'd say 20min..  As its on the other side of the mall.
Sorry; I was going from the Embassy. It's showing as 10m via the Google maps. It's showing as 15m from the ICC. 

Posted by ironsphinx nikki

nikki wrote:
You know, I think it's worth the quick walk to the food court at the mall rather than stay at the convention center for their food.  Just a thought.

I've actually done that before a couple years back, and the lines and room for seating was much better, I'm just not really into fast food at the mall when I'm on vacation. *shrug* Since 2012, have they opened any better options than Subway or Taco Bell?

Posted by maijstral2 ironsphinx

ironsphinx wrote:
nikki wrote:
You know, I think it's worth the quick walk to the food court at the mall rather than stay at the convention center for their food.  Just a thought.

I've actually done that before a couple years back, and the lines and room for seating was much better, I'm just not really into fast food at the mall when I'm on vacation. *shrug* Since 2012, have they opened any better options than Subway or Taco Bell?
last year they had a steak sandwich place that was pretty good, they have a cajun/japanese/chinese place (I say it that way because the name changes every year but the food and ownership doesn't :P) that serves a decent and full plate.They had a baked potato place that served other stuff but I never ate there, a pizza by the slice place and a japanese buffet. But all are more or less fast food quality maybe a bit better. Johney Rockets closed this year I don't know if they are going to replace it or not.

Posted by san_fan_49

Ali Baba's Cafe is a place my group found two years ago and I have gone back every year since, sometimes multiple times. It is a few blocks away, across from McCormick and Schmick's. It has not been busy when I have been able to make it there, pretty much walk in the door and get your choice of seats.

Posted by nedleeds

Yes. Get your badge mailed and you'll avoid the biggest line. The second biggest line isn't actually a line but it's the herd of flesh at the door to the exhibit hall each morning (Saturday being the most insane). Finally exclusive hunting can require some insane lines if you are there to play games you an avoid this. Gencon isn't what it was circa 2005 when you could get a block hotel, register for some events and have fun with your friends you may only see once a year. It's kind of a giant cluster now, but I still go because it's still the best 4 days in gaming.

Posted by ironsphinx maijstral2

bobvilla wrote:they have a cajun/japanese/chinese place (I say it that way because the name changes every year but the food and ownership doesn't :P) that serves a decent and full plate.

Hrm... that sounds interesting. Not much for cajun cooking, but love Asian food. :)

Posted by nikki ironsphinx

ironsphinx wrote:
nikki wrote:

I meant it strickly as a better option to the food in the convention center.  Though if you've only got 45 minutes to eat, it works out pretty well, too.  I tend to go other places for dinner because I'm not crazy about fast food, either, but I tend to need fast for lunch.

Posted by maijstral2 ironsphinx

ironsphinx wrote:
bobvilla wrote:they have a cajun/japanese/chinese place (I say it that way because the name changes every year but the food and ownership doesn't :P) that serves a decent and full plate.

Hrm... that sounds interesting. Not much for cajun cooking, but love Asian food. :)
Its not bad food and plenty of it but I meant, that every year they have a different name, a cajun name, a Japanese name, a chinese name etc.. but its the exact same food with the same people running the place. When its cajun its burbon chicken with seasoned rice, when its chinese its General Tso's chicken with fried rice. Same food different names I have no idea why.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 2 3 5
1 2 3 5