Arcade Outside the Dealer Room
1 3
1 3
Posted by stormforge

so I heard that there will be the old quarter arcade games lined up down the hallway from the Dealer Room out towards the Lucas Oil Field entrance. I am excited about this, I, like most people 50+, I would say grew up playing these games Friday & Saturday so I am anxious to see what they have out there. I hope to see Tron, Galaga, Tempest, Gorf just to name a few.

Posted by watchdog

Would love to see Joust, Front Line, and Dig Dug too.

Posted by alans

Spy Hunter :)

Posted by aldctjoc

Star Wars. See if I can remember the trench run patterns. :D

Posted by brotherbock

Heavyyyyyyyyy Barrel! 

And Elevator Action. 

I would *not* like to see Gauntlet or Gauntlet 2 there...i have games to run and sleep to sleep and food to eat, and I would do none of those things if either of the Gauntlets were there. 

Posted by rodoubleb

I suspect it will be old school classics from the early 80s, but my wish list would be:
APB
Paper Boy
Iron Wolf
& Bride of Pinbot

The longtime gencon arcade that takes generics for free play normally has  a lot of really good late 80s/early 90s multiplayer cabinets such as TMNT and The Simpsons Arcade.   

Posted by marimaccadmin

I can't really confirm any specific machines....although.....if you DON'T want to see a Gauntlet Legends machine, you maybe shouldn't go over there.

Please also do not forget that room 140 will be filled with arcade machines on free play, for only $4 an hour.  The hallway is just a nice little taste. :)

Marian McBrine
Event Coordinator
Gen Con LLC

Posted by watchdog brotherbock

brotherbock wroteAnd Elevator Action. 
Good one!  

Posted by aaronmlopez

Some of my favorites: Kid Niki, Space Harrier, Shinobi, Dungeons and Dragons, Sunset Riders, Commando. 

Posted by mikeinohio brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
Heavyyyyyyyyy Barrel! 
And Elevator Action. 
I would *not* like to see Gauntlet or Gauntlet 2 there...i have games to run and sleep to sleep and food to eat, and I would do none of those things if either of the Gauntlets were there. 
Valkyrie needs food badly!

Posted by brotherbock mikeinohio

mikeinohio wrote:
brotherbock wrote:
Heavyyyyyyyyy Barrel! 
And Elevator Action. 
Valkyrie needs food badly!

The warrior shot the foooooood

Posted by garhkal

i'd love some gauntlet action.
Heck if i had a few thousand dollars spare, i might find a gauntlet machine to guy..

Posted by aldctjoc

Ahh, Gauntlet. If they'd only do a live event of it. It'd be like the best of both cosplay and LARP! :D

Posted by lore seeker aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:
Ahh, Gauntlet. If they'd only do a live event of it. It'd be like the best of both cosplay and LARP! :D

It'd be a colossal pain in the ass picking up your boffer weapon after every throw though...

Posted by brotherbock lore seeker

father bloodlust wrote:
aldctjoc wrote:

It'd be a colossal pain in the ass picking up your boffer weapon after every throw though...

Why pick them up? Just carry 200 double bladed boffer axes. 

#WizardHasItEasy

Posted by lore seeker brotherbock

brotherbock wrote:
father bloodlust wrote:
aldctjoc wrote:

Why pick them up? Just carry 200 double bladed boffer axes. #WizardHasItEasy

Now THAT'S a funny picture :)

Posted by wcw43921

I always did really good on Rally X.  Catchy music too.

Do-do-doop-do-do-do-doop, do-do-do-doop, do-do-do-doop, do-do-do-doop, do-do-do-doop, do-do-do-doop, do-do-do-doop.  .  .And so on.

Posted by doombunny

I would love to see the D&D arcade game or it's sequel. It's been years since I played a good beat em up and that was a good one.

Posted by garhkal aldctjoc

aldctjoc wrote:

Don't they do something in that vein with True dungeon?

Posted by rodoubleb

Iron Wolf?  I must have been thinking of the ground breaking stand up coaster at Six Flags from the 90s.

Of course I meant OPERATION Wolf, where you get to shoot that cool Uzi with grenade launcher that had rumble action before that was a thing.  

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.
1 3
1 3