We can probably give it a rest. Looks like the troll moved on.
Why did you want a Swag Bag utherpend? When Gen Con gave them out five or six years ago they sucked donkeys. They had nothing of value that you could not get with a coupon from the Coupon Book. Who told you about the great and wonderful swag bag? They have been gone a while and it was the first few Gen Con's in Indy that they had anything of value. Your words bore me.
1. With the rise in ticket prices, consumers expect either higher service or "rewards" or at least the same service as previous purchases.
2. Getting free stuff is cool; it's a good way to advertise.
3. The free stuff has been garbage filler.
4. Vendors still have to pay a fee to GenCon to give out their swag, on top of the cost their eating for the garbage filler.
5. GenCon should not charge a fee at all for this- the fee plays a part in the dwindling swag.
6. Vendors, if they want to advertise, should provide swag that people want to keep and not toss out.
7. Advertising 101; it costs money, yes- it's called running a business.
8. GenCon has never, ever promised swag.
9. Crying like a baby because you don't get something that wasn't promised in the first place it is ridiculous.
10. Program book is also online. You know, the internets, the cloud...the webs. It can be accessed on your mobile internet machine we call a cell phone.
11. I was very disappointed I didn't get a GenCon dice for free. Will I return? Of course I will.
12. Bye felicia.
p.s. Paizo Pathfinder Society needs to come up with some sort of rating for GMs, which organizers can use after a Con to determine GM viability. Basing a GM's performance off one game, however, doesn't merit validity. But I believe ratings based over an entire convention would result in data that can be used.
I wasn't able to attend this year, but thank you for the amazing laugh. I feel bad that you had a bad time OP, but I am sorry, your rants on here. when people have been trying to help are ridiculous. Good luck in future endeavors.
I recently scanned my 1994 book and put it online for my friends. Cool to look at.
So if I wasn't able to get a book, even on day 1, i'd be a little irritated too. Not enough to come unglued like a little little baby. But I'd be irritated.