1 hour and 27 minutes...not a shocker, lol
( Locked)
Posted by tusic

Last year I had a 45 minute wait and got a downtown hotel room.  This year I got lucky and am at 10 minutes (while the rest of my group are in the 2+ hour club).

Posted by shaydeewil dchayet

dchayet wrote:
Yep, another really bad "random" time...3 hrs 17 mins....just like last year.
Just out of curiosity, what letter does your last name start with?

Posted by fjpicone

1 hour 40 minutes. Not good. I love it, but I've already decided if I can't get a 10 min walk or less I'll eat the registration fee and just going to go to a different Con.  GenCon has outgrown Indy like it outgrew Milwaukee.

Posted by freebfrost

3 hours 15 minutes.  Looks like I'll be getting some tickets refunded.

Posted by fjpicone soulcatcher78

soulcatcher78 wrote:
Once again it pays to book ahead of time :)
How do you book ahead of time. I called the hotels and tried to book ahead and was told I couldn't. This is my one Con a year I'd be willing to pay (some) extra for it.

Posted by rodoubleb

It's possible to get a down town room out of block.  It's not even difficult if you are  persistent and flexible.  

Posted by nikki

Our group got 58 minutes, 1 hour 44 minutes and 2 hours 25 minutes.

Last year we got 12 minutes, 1 hour 2 minutes and over 3 hours.

Posted by lmengsol fjpicone

fjpicone wrote:
1 hour 40 minutes. Not good. I love it, but I've already decided if I can't get a 10 min walk or less I'll eat the registration fee and just going to go to a different Con.  GenCon has outgrown Indy like it outgrew Milwaukee.
Ya, my time is at the 2hr mark...probablly won't be able to get a room downtown. We'll probablly look at another con too. Given that WOTC isn't there and having to drive in everyday isn't the same plus our group will all be divided. Doesn't make sense anymore...sad. I've been going to GC for over 30 years.

Posted by dchayet shaydeewil

shaydeewil wrote:
dchayet wrote:
Yep, another really bad "random" time...3 hrs 17 mins....just like last year.
Just out of curiosity, what letter does your last name start with?
My last name begins with C.  Why do you ask?

Posted by marimaccadmin

We already have three threads about this in the housing area, please move discussion to one of those, thanks.

This topic is locked. New posts cannot be added.